PDA

View Full Version : Top Cover

Wizofoz
8th Sep 2010, 15:44
Hi all in HK!

I have heard a few Guys in the FH region have had less than ideal interactions with AIG Top Cover LOL insurance.

Someone with the handle "Bondslipper" is touting Top Cover on the Middle East forum.

Could any of you guys with exerience (pro or con) of Top Cover stop by and relate you experiences?

Thanks

Wiz

The Wraith
8th Sep 2010, 16:20
I would like to know as well as I have heard the same.

EK_Bus Driver
9th Sep 2010, 11:25
Me too. Any info good or bad please.

Anyone?

Bograt
10th Sep 2010, 01:25
I've been told, but haven't confirmed, that Top Cover will not cover any form of mental issue - depression, bipolar disorder etc.

I'm with someone else, but not just because of that.

Maple Leafs
10th Sep 2010, 02:41
And pre-existing conditions with the other company??? Will they accept it without having a $12,000 a year policy?
I have heard after a few claims that mental disorders are excluded. Some have claims with little facts (I can't see myself flying, so collect the insurance) attitude.

Then we all have to pay extra or be excluded. It only takes a few to mess it all up.

If some companies will accept pre-existing conditions with documentation from certified medical practitioners, then I think the AOA will have fewer members, IMHO of course.

Go Leafs or reality, Go Vancouver.:ok:

Air Profit
10th Sep 2010, 06:09
Maple Leaf. Please go away and figure out how to post in a coherent and rational manner. Your post is the most nonsensical drivel I have read in a very long time.

badairsucker
10th Sep 2010, 10:04
Air Profit,

How about you go away until you can post a reply without the need to be an arrogant pr!ck.:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Maple Leafs
10th Sep 2010, 12:21
AP,
We previously had reasonable insurance, which covered to 55 regardless of age or condition.

Some have claimed mental stress (after a couple of engine failures, are you him?) and getting a payout of $10,000 a month until 55. Afterwards our premiums shot up to $12,000 a year to pay for.

The AOA went with Topcover with reduced coverage ( 5-years, excluding depression, bipolar, etc.

Now it is down somewhat through the AOA, which allowed pre-existing conditions, other insurance companies will not insure you if you have a pre-existing condition. If you know of any, let me know?:ok:

There are some out there that will allow pre-existing conditions for Aus and SA pilots but not for the rest of us.

Maybe my pre-existing condition is literary writing! What’s your excuse?:rolleyes:

I think BAS figured out what AP stands for!:mad:

Just trying to share information brother.

Still if someone knows of insurance companies that will insure pre-existing conditions for a reasonable cost, please post it.:ok:

Go Leafs.

bondslipper
9th Oct 2010, 10:34
Guys,

if you are HKAOA or DPA members, why bother to get anonymous opinion from PPRUNE about TopCover??

Go ask your Associations, where your representatives have spent years researching and managing the options, and who conduct regular thorough reviews of all alternatives.

Local calls are free...

bondslipper
9th Oct 2010, 11:06
Band H

If you have a good story of getting paid share it here.

If you have something negative to say, why not say it in public and then we can ask the union to comment?

Humber10
9th Oct 2010, 14:32
wiz, I guess you are from oz?
there are a couple of policies floating around for aussies. Tower insurance and Commonwealth bank are a couple that I have heard of.
It sounds like most companies wont accept any previous medical conditions, but it cant hurt to negotiate.
From what I hear topcover are quite difficult to get money from in any claim, but I hear it is industry practice/policy to decline any claims at least once.