PDA

View Full Version : Log ten Pro logbook

Frogman1484
8th Sep 2010, 11:43
Do you guys use Log ten pro? My is crashing all of the time! Cannot Sync! It adds my hours twice some times and none the other. What a load of Cr@p.:mad:

I now all of a sudden have more hours than Pontius the Pilot!

Rice Pudding
8th Sep 2010, 11:54
Maybe the Chinese pilots are using the same program.

WaldoPepper
8th Sep 2010, 12:36
Mine crashed a few times last week but since I updated to the newest version (auto update) it has been stable.

Not sure about adding double the hours, I've never seen that. Maybe check the "Auto Add Values" section. You can't see what gets auto added unless you check the box. It may help?

Cheers

Midnight Rambler
8th Sep 2010, 21:35
Try giving Noah a call at Coradine. His e-mail/iChat handle is [email protected] and he has always been very helpful.

Hoofharted
9th Sep 2010, 07:17
I've had Log 10 Pro for about 12 months now and it has been great.

Frogman1484
9th Sep 2010, 09:02
ok so then why is it that when I have a 5 hour flight of which 3 is night it logs 3 as night and 5 as day. I have tried various settings and cannot get it to run automatically.

Bograt
10th Sep 2010, 01:17
I use it - sync from iphone OK. No problems so far for 6 months.

TopTup
10th Sep 2010, 02:19
Frogman.... I've been using LTP and LTM now for 10+ months and love it. Not because of "it" but because of the customer service they deliver. Their Forum site and help is second to none. Never has that service from any company before - that's what makes t in my eyes.

There's always hassles with any software, but when it works and you figure out your own config, it's great.

(PS: I found someone to do the data entry for my past 30+ years of flying and log books...After all was done it was very, very interesting to see the miles covered and exact time on types, etc).

Good luck. Just use the Forum and advice to contact Noah, as above.

WaldoPepper
10th Sep 2010, 05:48
Frogman,

Is it saying 5 hrs total? or 5 hrs day? My columns only say something like 5 hrs P2, 3 hrs night. This is not 8 hrs flying, but just as intended when you entered it, 5 hrs P2 of which 3 hrs was night, there is no actual day column.

It's actually doing it correctly. When you print the report, all the numbers will be correct in their respective day/night columns, it's only in the main window that it looks a little odd.

Try printing or viewing a report.

luckyman-8
10th Sep 2010, 15:12
Frogman--

Met the guy who wrote it at Oshkosh a few weeks ago, he should be able to point you to a fix. He's is a software engineer ([email protected] / t:+1 412 567 2688). Seems like a helpful guy, in general.

Regards

Pogie
11th Sep 2010, 23:36
What's a logbook?

billyt
12th Sep 2010, 08:41
Yeah. Are you also meant to add it up?

CXtreme
16th Sep 2010, 15:24
Frogman,
Did you get the program sorted out? I was on the verge of buying a copy, put is waiting to hear how you found the after sales service.
Can you please update us?

Frogman1484
16th Sep 2010, 23:33
I must say that the service is good. In my case I'm not sure if my day time, night time is adding in the correct place.

Importing from a CSV file also produces mixed results.

The summaries at the end look impressive. But once again it does produce some columns that I do not want and I have no idea where it is collecting the hours from

In a nutshell I do not have the confidence that my summaries are correct. So personally I would not spend the money. If I was a computer geek maybe I would.

ecosystem
17th Sep 2010, 11:57
Can I just add.... there is one log book you should definitely avoid and that is SafeLog. It doesn't work very well at all. I spent a lot of money and had to walk away from it in the end... that was after receiving a severe tongue lashing from some guy on the phone. Guessing he was the owner.

FO4EVA
17th Sep 2010, 15:12
you should definitely avoid and that is SafeLog
Works perfectly for me.
PEBKAC