PDA

View Full Version : Southampton Boat Show

JTobias
8th Sep 2010, 11:35
Anyone know anywhere to land a chopper near Southampton Docks/Marina. (Other than Southampton Airport !!)

Hotel, HLS etc

Thanks

Joel :ok:

Simonta
8th Sep 2010, 13:37
I live in S'oton. I don't know of anything inside the city and doubt that you'd find one. The closest is Chilworth Manor. I got married there and arrived in some style - one Jetranger and one Longranger :-)

Chilworth Manor -: Hotels in Southampton :- (http://www.chilworth-manor.co.uk/)

bolkow
8th Sep 2010, 14:16
I am sure there has to be an area in the docks itself where one could land, I seem to remeber a lot of the old S61N's came into the UK via southampton docks where they were lifted off the ships, rotors etc refitted, and they were simply flown out to wherever they were to operate. The RAF air sea rescue, or civilian rescue services must know the current spots? Maybe Crab would know or know someone who does?

herman the crab
8th Sep 2010, 14:47
Not sure of the procedure or costs but the cruise terminal and VTS have fairly regular rotary visitors.

HTC

chopjock
8th Sep 2010, 15:48
Andark diving, based in Hamble. I landed there once or twice when I went to the show, ask for Andy, he's a helicopter pilot too. :ok:

Andark - Henri Lloyd, Musto and Gill (http://www.andark.co.uk/)

toptobottom
8th Sep 2010, 16:46
JT - I'm going on 18th if you fancy hooking up?

PM (or email) me if so, or if you get anywhere with Andark?

TTB

helisdw
8th Sep 2010, 16:55
Joel,

Are you think of trading the JetBox in for a barge and taking to the Manchester Ship Canal?!?

Speaking from experience, having been on a canal boat holiday that originated in Wigan, I'd stick to the helicopter!

Simon

JTobias
8th Sep 2010, 17:47
Thanks guys,

I'll take a look at the sites suggested.

Top to bottom, give me a buzz, might meet up.

Deffo not thinking of trading the JetBox in, actually looking for a boat that I can land the JetBox on. Don't want anything too big though. As long as the helideck allows me to then drop the chopper into a storage area underneath that will be fine. I dont want all that seawater corroding the chopper.

Joel :p