PDA

View Full Version : pilot jobs in afganistan

stayalone
8th Sep 2010, 10:00
hello all
am a low timer with cpl me/ir.i heard that afganistan has some job opening for lowtimers dont know weather its true or not anyways am planning to visit afganistan in search of jobs can anyone advice me on this?what to be taken care off an all,is there any type of job opening at all.......thanks n advace

ironbutt57
8th Sep 2010, 10:20
Given the difficult terrain, weather, and other factors, I would find it hard to imagine a "low timer" having much success in Afghanistan, good luck

Wirbelsturm
8th Sep 2010, 13:46
As long as you are up to speed on NOE flying, low level evasion and IP to target runs you should be fine.

Hang on though, most of those employment opportunities come from the west!

Seriously though, have you ever been to Afghanistan? The summers are cookers, the winters come from the back of the Siberian freezer. The lowlands are deserts and the north of the country is difficult terrain for experienced mountain goats!

I've flown there and it was extremely challenging, even without being shot at.

Have fun!

hueyracer
8th Sep 2010, 13:57
Do not know about fixed wing jobs over there-but all jobs in rotary business require beeing an US-citizen..

Without that, they will refuse your resumee......

So much about "Equal opportunity Employer"...
:= :mad:

Luke SkyToddler
12th Sep 2010, 17:47
For once, I think I'd just about prefer to pay the 30,000 euro to Michael O'leary and take my chance, than have anything to do with that screwed up, lethal, fourth world sh!t hole of a country :uhoh:

A320Dreamer
12th Sep 2010, 20:56
And yet your from the same area, the middle east.. Are you just an angry neighbor?

andy148
13th Sep 2010, 20:00
There are civil aviation jobs over their, how ever as to exactly how to get one i'm not too sure?
The best web sites to browse are the close protection (CP) companies esp South African and a certain American one that has it's own mini airforce (was called blackwater), KBR possibly? Aegis, Olive to name a few off the top my head. They generally fly contractors in and out of southern AFG so they don't have to move by road, pay wise a basic salary for a CP operator is roughly dependant on company is approx £4000 to 7000 a month so you can gauge what the pilots could be earning?

Think very carefully before doing it, theres a lot of **** flying through the sky's over AFG! And lots of people not talking on the right freq's, it is the most congested bit of sky in the world (avg departures from certain places can be as high as 16000 a MONTH!!!) so not the best place to learn!:ok:

Laters!