PDA

View Full Version : 200 chinese pilots used fake resumes

Rook
8th Sep 2010, 09:02
Chinese pilots fake resumes, airline authority says (http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Chinese+pilots+fake+resumes+airline+authority+says/3489909/story.html)

airman13
8th Sep 2010, 11:22
I am not wondered about the faking papers........most than 50 % of world goods are made in china........or on ships with chinese flag..........

larrikan larry
9th Sep 2010, 02:41
Yeah well,
These idiots in China have makin' fake sh1t fer years- do you think they give a rats ars3?
Too many of 'em, thay gotta compete, so what better way to get ahead than bull5hit ya way in.
Typical fu&*in sh1t from a screwed up country:mad:

slipslopslut
9th Sep 2010, 02:48
Don't hold back LL
True tho':ok:

osmosis
9th Sep 2010, 03:17
Many moons ago a contingency of Chinese pilots visited rural Australia to learn the art of agricultural flying. As far as I can remember, not too many of the oz pilots were terribly fluent in their visitors toungue, in fact some would argue they could barely speak English but the visiting pilots did leave our shores having completeth thy lessons. I wondered for quite a while how such qualification can be:
1. recognised and given approval here in Australia and,
2. recognised and received on home soil.

cxlinedriver
9th Sep 2010, 04:51
The Chinese pilots are probably better Ag pilots than the Australians - less distracted by the sheep.

Runway101
9th Sep 2010, 05:27
http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/426497-falsified-cvs.html

coffeezone
13th Sep 2010, 17:01
Plenty of caucasians are guilty of the same thing, and some airlines allow it legally. Their pilots can log all the hours of a flight, even in the bunk, regardless of their rank. eg SQ and others. That alone makes their log books and cv look much better than countries that only allow time at the controls, (excepting PIC). For some reason airline recruiting departments are totally unaware of this.
Food for thought.

Neptunus Rex
13th Sep 2010, 17:18
coffeezone
That is the way it was for many years. If you were legally qualified and a designated member of the crew, you would log all the flight time in your appropriate capacity. The thinking was that, even in the bunk, you were on duty and could be called at any time. It is only the beancounters who have tried to change that to get more blood out of the stone. Try flying ULH three times a month. Then try four, or five, 'cos the beancounters said you only 'flew' half those hours.

airman13
13th Sep 2010, 17:23
reeftrip,
my point is not to hurt someone, as you seem to be, it was the chinese people is able to make copies of all .......electronics,clothes,cars,watches,perfumes,etc,....so papers are so easy to fake...that s all!!

sony
13th Sep 2010, 17:50
The majority of countries (aviation authorities) not only allow ALL required flight crew members of a flight to log all hours (including bunk), they infact demand that they do. As mentioned above, they are still on duty and can be called to action at any time, are still compensated as such, and are not free to do as they wish, on rest or at the controls, until the flight lands. There are very few countries that follow the HKCAD in this regard. Dubai and the UK come time mind, and that is literally it...

boxjockey
14th Sep 2010, 00:42
Pretty sure in the US you can only log time at the controls, unless you are the designated PIC, then you can log it all. No?

box

geh065
15th Sep 2010, 06:38
Surely this kind of thing happens everywhere, just that no-one has uncovered it yet.

hongkongfooey
15th Sep 2010, 14:31
Surely this kind of thing happens everywhere, just that no-one has uncovered it yet

Of course it does, just not half of the pilots of an airline, thats the difference :hmm:

HKCAD allows F/Os to log ICUS, so pilots with no command time can get a command, probably no worse than an actual Commander logging time in the bunk :ouch:

sony
15th Sep 2010, 18:31
boxjockey, I believe the FAA requires pilots to log all hours of an operating "flight" duty period, including rest. I believe Taiwan, France, Japan, Singapore, and Canada are the same. I could be mis-informed but I do not believe so.

Either way... who cares. Most pilots at the long haul level don't jump ship too much. I have not updated my logbook in years. Many carriers have their own policies on flight logging anyways.

hongkongfooey
17th Sep 2010, 06:02
OK, then I will start logging all my time on reserve

Is that wrong :confused:

Capt Toss Parker
18th Sep 2010, 03:06
I like to use a fake profile picture on my internet dating sites .... an old pic from way back that shows oneself in a better light :}

Does that make me a bad person?

I've ruined peoples commands, line checks, days out and so forth but is a fake profile picture really as bad as a fake resume?

People say that I'm as handsome as Bert Reynolds so I'm thinking of buying a black Pontiac Transam and running with the "smokey & the bandit" look.

Did you think of considering the step below the step below? ahhh see G.A. guys they just don't have the big picture. :ugh:

fdx
18th Sep 2010, 16:59
It's not the resume or pics on that internet profile that make a funny dude, it's the dude posting; posing, in general, that stinks.
Don't blame the main landers, the Swiss, the French, nor the Martians. Corruption exists throughout, it's inherited and makes no exceptions. If an airline needs xxxxx, pays sss, there will be willing pilots to fill the log spots. This profession is not what is was portrait to be 25 years ago.
Low cost is the long term, short distance, travel scheme. Longer legs will soon settle and even before semi automation kicks in, flying will no longer be.
Re train, save your pennies! If Ryan had his way, you'd pay to shake! And willing, chances are there will find a way
As long as there are planes coming out of the cutter, there will be a need for drivers. This will not last long, so help out the next guy in the ladder. It could have been you!

joebanana
18th Sep 2010, 20:25
Could somebody translate? :confused:

Air Profit
18th Sep 2010, 21:03
Because this is an anonymous forum, with people using pseudonyms, I feel it is safe to say what needs to be said in this instance: fdx....congratulations on posting the most inane, illiterate drivel since the founding of PPrune. No finer testament to the US school system could be found than this. Stunning.....:ok:

badairsucker
19th Sep 2010, 06:06
Air Prophet.

Do you trawl these forums looking to belittle everyone who replies to these threads with your arrogant responses or do you really just hate everyone and everything???

Air Profit
19th Sep 2010, 09:45
badairsucker: valium....just a suggestion.

badairsucker
19th Sep 2010, 10:26
that's what your on!!

Maybe up the dosage:ok:

nomorecatering
19th Sep 2010, 18:15
Nothing suprising to me what the buggers get up to. I train Chines cadets in a large college. The other day I was given a stack of 26 Piper Arrow 3 engineering endorsement papers to mark.

All 26 had exactly the same errors, letter perfect. It seems one student did the paper and the other 25 simply coppied it.

I took great delight in tearing up the papers in front of the class and making them re do it...........under supervision.

Chuck Canuck
19th Sep 2010, 22:18
nomorecatering....ha, ha,ha I have caught lots of oz, pommie and first world veterans transcribing recurrent test papers and othe aircraft rating tests too! Cheating has always been around and not specific to any etnic group. Go to a recurrent ground school test in Korea or Taiwan you will find caucasian kins of ours with answer papers tucked in shirt pockets, cell phone holders etc! I have seen it all............

fdx
30th Sep 2010, 20:47
Thanks Chuck, exactly my point. Sorry for the rant, but really felt like it, what the hell...

Air Profilactc, up the dosage...