PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair is an equal opportunities employer, are they really?

dcoded
7th Sep 2010, 16:35
In the last couple of months I've heard rumours that SAA favour their own pilots. Pilots either from Swedish Aviation Collage or from SAA's Private section.

I've heard that in a recent selection (may 2010) there was a majority from Swedish Aviation Collage (5-6 guys) who got accepted into ryan.
With this rumour I'm not saying that SAA pilots have easier to pass the ryan assessment in stanstead or east midlands (don't know the current location..)

But SAA are in controll of handpicking people they want to send to the assessments. And what I have heard they choose their own pilots prior to other applicants.

Any one else heard similar stories?

Nearly There
7th Sep 2010, 17:22
Ryanair are not the employer, and as for SAA they are an FTO recommending their students, nothing new here for a school that has links.

dcoded
7th Sep 2010, 19:00
"Ryanair are not the employer, and as for SAA they are an FTO recommending their students, nothing new here for a school that has links."

So there is no fair way of joining ryan air?
It's either through SAA or CAE?

I know nothing about CAE..

Mikehotel152
8th Sep 2010, 11:23
And what I have heard they choose their own pilots prior to other applicants

That is my experience of SAA. The non-SAA guys and girls are merely there to make up the numbers.

Boeing 77W
9th Sep 2010, 12:56
From my knowledge/experience of the selection process, it's conducted entirely by Ryanair staff. CAE and SAA simply select the students which are sent for assessment, maybe why on my recent trip to Stansted there were 4 from Sweeden and 2 from the UK.

EDIT: I was also told by one of the Ryanair Training Captains that the decision lies with Dublin as to who ultimately gets selected to go forward to TR.

corsair
9th Sep 2010, 16:27
I believe it helps to be Irish or British when it comes to Ryanair. Certainly Irish for obvious reasons. But I know plenty of Irish who never even got a reply from their application. So you cannot generalise too much. Certainly it's a multinational company.

Mikehotel152
10th Sep 2010, 09:09
it's conducted entirely by Ryanair staff

Selection of candidates is done by RYR staff - obviously - but the decision by SAA as to who to put forward to RYR for interview is another matter.

josecr1980
14th Sep 2010, 14:01
Hi everyone!

I sent my CV almost 3 months ago..and I have had no answer... Now I wonder what should be the next step...
Does anyone know if there has been any assessment in previous months?
I have been ignored because my profile does not match RYR requirements or it is just a random selection depending on low-high peak workloads?
And finally, how long should I wait before sending CV again?

Thanks

josecr1980
15th Sep 2010, 06:26
Sorry, didn't check big Ryanair thread...

Now I know there has been plenty of assessments during the summer… L I guess I am not a suitable guy for them (I am 29 almost 30)
bye