PDA

View Full Version : Need Inputs-Skymates Flight School, Arlington TX,USA

pranav_jamdar
7th Sep 2010, 16:04
Helloz,

Need reviews about Skymates Flight School.
I am considering this as one of the option.
They are offering 33k $ for 250hrs CPL DGCA Student Course.
My other option is Dean International , Miami USA.
Inputs and suggestions are welcome!
Help me to make the right move!

Thanks in Advance,

Cheers
PRanav

CrazyStuntPilot
7th Sep 2010, 17:34
Hi, I worked there as an instructor for several years, what do you want to know?

And you're posting in the wrong section, move your post to North America or some other relevant section. You will get more replies.

flight517
11th Sep 2010, 18:41
skymates:=
go to dean international, florida

flight517
11th Sep 2010, 18:45
i agree that the package being offered by skymates is pretty good, but if you look into their safety record, u would not even think of going there

maverick09
18th Sep 2010, 13:21
Definately dean,,much better than skymates.....I have done ma flying from thr....contact me if u need any further help regarding dean...

HRZ
12th Oct 2010, 10:04
Can someone confirm that their safety record is off-putting? I'm supposed to go there next month for PPL and perhaps through to CPL if satisfied. Anyone there now?

piper_cherokee
12th Oct 2010, 13:34
They have had 2 fatal accidents in the past 3 years(atleast that is the number i have read in newspapers and TV,could be more too) and in 1 of the accidents their instructor was doing aerobatics in flight on a a Piper Arrow which is not certified for it.I have even heard some students over logging their hours over there. A report on the same accident by NTSB
DFW08FA031 (http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief2.asp?ev_id=20071119X01812&ntsbno=DFW08FA031&akey=1)

flight517
12th Oct 2010, 17:53
here's the link to the second reported accident
http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/GenPDF.asp?id=DFW05FA099&rpt=fa

skymates
1st Dec 2010, 22:30
Can somebody tell me about the safety record of my school?
I would be very interested in learning things I do not know.

Mimou
1st Aug 2013, 04:24
Hi
I am planning to start studying aviation , and I noticed that you were trying to find out about Dean international , did you go there ? And was it okay ?
Regards

chronos1701
1st Aug 2013, 13:18
I was a student at Skymates. Was training with them back in January this year. Its a very professional and friendly place and their airplanes are very well maintained. No problems with the instructors or admin staff over there. The only "complaint" i would have is that public transport is non-exsistant so a car is necessary. Cost of living in the area isn't too bad either.

If your instructor is doing aerobatics in a non certified airplane, i would think you as a student should voice out something. As a trainee pilot, we should learn to take control of the situation if things are going wrong rather than let circumstances take you where you don't want to go.