PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia Airlines are hiring....finally

jetjockey696
7th Sep 2010, 11:50
Yep guys MAS are hiring EXPATS pilots again.... for there B737 AGEING Fleet... Always remember SUNNY side up... if all instruments decide to fail...:p

FIRST OFFICER..
Established and successful South Asia International Airline are now recruiting 737CL and/or 737NG First Officers. Candidates should be willing to relocate to Southern Asia. This position will be a 3 year contract.
To be considered for this position you must meet the following minimum requirements.
Valid ATPL
Minimum total time of 1000 hours
Minimum 500 hours on type
Age between 23-52
Aviation English ICAO Level 4
Benefits Include
Expatriate Allowance of $1200 USD per month
Productivity Allowance of $609 USD per month [approx]
30 days Annual leave
Personal Accident Insurance

CAPT:

Established and successful South Asia International Airline are now recruiting 737 CL Captains who are willing to be based in Southern Asia. This position is a 3 year contract.
To qualify for this position you should meet the following minimum requirements.
Valid ATPL
Minimum total time of 4500 hours
Minimum of 500 PIC on type
Age between 27-52.
Aviation English level 4 Cert
Benefits Include
Expatriate Allowance $1200 USD per month
Productivity Allowance $1109 USD per month
Annual Leave 30 days
Personal Accident Insurance

stealthone
7th Sep 2010, 18:03
Garuda is offering almost 8000USD per month plus accomodation and still can not find suitable pilots. MAS can only dream of attracting pilots with those crapy T&Cs. Soon they would be forced revise the package or the planes would sit on the ground.

tony2F
7th Sep 2010, 23:50
wheres the advert?

nostep
8th Sep 2010, 02:02
They hiring thats strange, I thought they just got rid off all there expat 737 guys

nostep
8th Sep 2010, 02:05
My friend told me that commuting even for Capts is standby EY class. No upgrade nasty.

squarecrow
8th Sep 2010, 08:45
Yep some went to LCCT apparently and offered there job back.
Firefly are supposed to be take some of the 737/400 I hear.

Shintaro9
10th Sep 2010, 11:51
Hiring expats captains I can understand...but FO's? There are hundreds waiting in queue for FO position.

kotakota
10th Sep 2010, 12:37
This is typical of many airlines where the local pilots union do not want expats . They agree to some , but demand poor T&Cs . Kenya Airways did the same a while back.
The economy class thing started in 92 when I joined MAS but we found ways around it .
Pity really, because MAS and Malaysia can be a brilliant place to fly . I am now 60 , looking for new contracts , would love to go back , but 52 year max is ridiculous , even the Chinese and Turks are reconsidering this . Turkish are already upping their pay by 20% , this is payback time guys. I would give my right arm to base at Kinabalu on the NG which I am currently flying in the sandpit.

ClimbSequence
12th Sep 2010, 19:12
Are you sure it is for Malaysian Airlines?
or it is just a guess based on the region wanted and the type of aircraft?

jetjockey696
13th Sep 2010, 05:01
goto: protec technical website

Remember there is no housing included.

Nobend
13th Sep 2010, 05:28
B737 AGEING Fleet

You can say that again. I have to put up with them almost every week MYY-KUL-MYY. Always crammed full and I'm sure the seats are older than the aircraft themselves.

EmanuelDesperados
13th Sep 2010, 16:22
1200 USD per month? That's a joke!!

nostep
14th Sep 2010, 01:59
Be prepared for crazy rostors 3 days off 3 days standby 3 days off and your number 6 on standby hmmmm and they wont release you to go back home. My friend was telling me everyday like basecheck, Bleed Inop, AT Inop, alot of yellow stickers. Plus if you have to go into the office at the airport or worse you have to go to get ya visa done at the other office which is near the LCCT, you have to make your own way there and its 50km from airport to town. A nice fare for Mr taxi man who doesnt use meters.

masalama
14th Sep 2010, 15:20
1200 USDpm....is that it, im sure thats just an allowance and not the total package.....all the best.

kwaiyai
15th Sep 2010, 08:26
Yes that will be an allowance given to Foreign Pilot, they seem to have not mentioned the Basic plus why is it quoted in USD? wouldnt be surprised if its something to do with Firefly getting 737 400's from MAS. Dont think they know what the pay is on the 737 yet :confused:
I am surprised they can advertise for FO's too I understood DCAM have a
restriction on Local FO's Only due the amount graduating from Flying Schools needing jobs.

Alessandra
24th Sep 2010, 09:33
the overall package sounds like a joke (not even 5.000usd! all inclusive)... and medical at 50% for wife and children?
i suppose it's a good offer for a young single pilot who needs a job...

CapedVulture
24th Sep 2010, 14:17
salary in total should be about $4400 us dollars.
But 26% tax on that equates to about 3256 us dollars net. Thas £2080 pounds net.
Pretty poor but I guess its a cheap place to live.
Not a long term career salary as you say!!

Cote Babe
25th Sep 2010, 00:59
MAS should humbly invite all the exMAS pilots to come back and contribute to its further success. The present pay scale plus some enticing incentives should do the trick. We need those renegades to come back and contribute their income tax to boost our declining national coffers! It's so unfair the make big money out in the sandpit or kimchiland, but having lots of properties and families milking the country using all the conveniences without paying tax!

Ko Moe
26th Sep 2010, 15:59
I am a pilot.Actually military pilot. but I have not license.How can I join the airline....in the form of bond or something like that.I have 2000 hr on single and multi.I have to try to get license and type rating...but I can't effort it.That's why I ask fir bond....please help me.

a345xxx
28th Sep 2010, 03:59
Get a Malaysian ATPL/IR , 737/3/4/500 rating, some experience on type and that should do it. BTW I am not trying to be an a#$e..

clearforto
28th Sep 2010, 13:14
So anyone called for an interview with Protec/MAS for B737?

Any advices or opinions?

Thanks guys.

All the best

datogu al MONA
28th Sep 2010, 18:50
Flying the B737 for MAS will have you in constant battle with ground engineers trying to con you into accepting planes full of deferred item stickers and their " con "venient interpretation of the MEL!

clearforto
28th Sep 2010, 19:36
Wow!That sound a little bit awful! Also T&Cs are not so good..

CapedVulture
29th Sep 2010, 02:25
Is there anyone currently flying the B737 for MAS that can share their experiences on this forum.
Im thinking roster and work culture etc etc.

kwaiyai
29th Sep 2010, 07:43
cote babe,
Dont forget MAS have a dispensation from Ministry of finance over TAX payments,
Therefore there Basic salary is taxed only not the allowances.
I dont think 26percent would be correct however you can check the PCB rate
with an accountant or go to an LHDN office.
Regards,

320busdriver
29th Sep 2010, 13:39
This arrangement is expiring soon, word on the street is that it might not be renewed, if it really does happen we will see malaysia turning into
an aviation graveyard,anyone able to leave will pack up and go.:(
For a developing country a tax rate of 26% is enormous -- i guess we know where it all goes to:yuk:

TC-BHN
27th Nov 2010, 09:37
Anyone joining interviews in London in the beginning of january for B738 F/O ...
Any info about interviews will be appreciated .
Thank you

ai pai
30th Nov 2010, 01:56
Does anybody know the dates for MAS interviews in Australasia?

Damianik
4th Dec 2010, 00:23
I was in London for FO 737,
very relaxed interview, they ask about you, experience and any "emergency" or "argument" in the cockpit and how you faced it.
It was quite nice chat,
no tech questions,
that will be maybe in Kuala lumpur later on.
D

polbip
2nd Jan 2011, 10:22
Hi,

Anyone joined simulator test in Kuala Lumpur for Malaysian Airlines lately ?
I am going there mid January (Captain), and would like to hear what to expect during simulator test and medical.

All info will be highly appreciated :)

shlaps81
2nd Mar 2011, 12:29
Captain salary

Min of RM10,499/month or USD3,281/month (Basic)

RM9,395/month or USD3,028/month (expat allowance)

Min of RM3,550/month or USD1,109/month (productivity allowance)

RM2,122/month or USD663/month (meal allowance)

RM2,813/month or USD879/month

FO salary

Min of RM6,882/month or USD2,151/month

RM9,395/month or USD3,028/month

Min of RM1,950/month or USD609/month

RM2,010/month or USD628/month

RM2,187/month or USD683/month

These are the amounts from Protec Technical.

26% taxes on basic and expat allowance.

Is smone flying for them (Malaysia and protec) ?
roster like ?
car/house rental in Kuala lumpur ?

thanks

pit

shlaps81
3rd Mar 2011, 09:06
It seems to be a fraud...

Careers - Employment Fraud | Malaysia Airlines (http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/hq/en/careers/employment-fraud.html)

"Malaysia Airlines does not employ any third-party online employment agency except for JobStreet.com. Therefore any recruitment exercise or employment opportunity offered by websites other than Malaysia Airlines (http://www.malaysiaairlines.com) and JobStreet.com - Leading Job Site, Jobs for Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, India, Japan, Hong Kong (http://www.jobstreet.com) is not valid or genuine."

Did smone go till the end of the assessments ?