PDA

View Full Version : Manila Airport Transfers.

Cymmon
6th Sep 2010, 15:34
I return to Manila on a domestic flight from Mindanao, so believe I arrive in Terminal 2.
I leave on Qatar airways, so I think this is Terminal 1.

What is the best way to transfer betwen the 2 terminals please?

Neptunus Rex
6th Sep 2010, 16:34
It's a nightmare. The best way is to go via Cebu and fly into Terminal 1.

Cymmon
6th Sep 2010, 16:44
Unfortunately I already have a flight booked from Butuan.

L'aviateur
8th Sep 2010, 04:32
Terminal 1 = International Terminal (Qatar Airways)
Terminal 2 = Philippine Airlines Domestic + International
Terminal 3 = Cebu Pacific + Air Phil Express
Domestic Terminal = Zest / South East Asian Airways

There is 1 shuttle bus which operates every hour between all of the terminals. If transferring between Terminal 2 and Terminal 1, it's not so bad because they are close and both within the airport grounds.
For Terminal 3, the shuttle bus has to go outside the airport and enter the traffic around the perimeter to get between T3 and T1.

For Terminal transfers, consider that 2 hours should be sufficient, 3 hours would be better.

If your flying Economy, check in online, otherwise you will also be queing in the departure hall for a long time, whereas if you've checked in online you can use baggage drop.
Also remember that you need to pay departure fees 750php in cash prior to leaving.

overview
8th Sep 2010, 07:04
Many choices...There is a free shuttle bus,a 20 peso shuttle van or bus, a metered yellow taxi and finally a coupon taxi service.
Best to take the 20peso shuttle van or bus because the free shuttle bus schedules are seldom followed. Vans and busses will wait a few minutes to fill up seats or at least five pax.
If in a hurry take the metered yellow taxi cabs for around 200pesos or the coupon taxi for around 200-300 pesos. All are at the ground level public transport areas in T3 and will take you to 2nd level departure at T1.
Allow 20 min travel in light traffic between terminals and an hour or two during rush hour. Cheers

Cymmon
8th Sep 2010, 08:02
Thank you for the replies.

Last time I went I got a taxi, after taking advice from friends who had only travelled through Manila a few years ago. I have 4 hrs officially for my transfer, I am travelling business so hopefully I by-pass the queue´s like last time.

I must give one word of warning, I was approached by a man in full MIAI (?) Manila International Airport uniform. He tried to grab my bag from me and wanted to charge 550 pesos to travel in a "limo", I politely told him that he was taking the p155 and to let go of my bag or the police would be called.

Mango
1st Feb 2014, 17:40
Just wanted to bring this thread back as I'm on a flight that arrives at terminal 1 around 0650 and I have to get to terminal 3.

I noticed that there are no other international arrivals at that time so was hoping to make a quick exit and get a yellow cab.

What I don't know is if the traffic on the road will be bad at this time in the morning? I have to catch a PAL express flight that departs at 0900 :uhoh

Any advice would be great.

Cheers

Cymmon
2nd Feb 2014, 09:14
Hi, I would recommend when you leave the terminal go and get a "coupon taxi", they are priced and guaranteed. You can see the price behind the person who gives you the coupon. Not sure but was around 200php last time.

Other unscrupulous idiots will try to tell you the cheapest way is theirs, one even quoted me 800php, that cost me 155php in a coupon cab.
Do not listen to these thieving jokers!

Yellow cabs will do everything they can to not use the meter, then claim as they are airport cabs they have to offer higher fares then will show a fare matrix, not worth the hassle.

Ask security where to go for the taxi, but don't let them take you, they need payment. Good luck and enjoy.

Metro man
2nd Feb 2014, 15:19
When I exited from Terminal 2 in Manila there was a man in uniform with official ID standing near the money changer, asking if people wanted taxis. He quoted me P1140 for Pasay City which would normally be P330 in a coupon taxi and about P250 in a yellow airport taxi.

On hearing my response of "You must be joking, I come here all the time." the price dropped to P650. I kept walking and got a cab on my own.:rolleyes:

Avoid asking anyone for help as they will expect tips in return. If you take a yellow airport taxi, you will be given a coupon with the taxi number on it. The driver may ask for it, do not give it to him, it is YOUR record incase of any problem. The drivers are s**t scared of being reported and banned and are unlikely to try it on if you look like you know what's going on.

Fixed price coupon taxi is a good idea for a first timer, avoid the regular city taxis as most of them are crooks and you have little recourse in the event of a problem.

Mango
3rd Feb 2014, 07:01
Thanks for the info.

Whats the traffic like at 0700 between terminal 1 and 3. Has the peak traffic started or will I be able to get a clear run?