PDA

View Full Version : New Airline In Angola

SkyRed1
6th Sep 2010, 06:25
Does anyone have any information about a new turbo prop airline cureently operating in Angola.I heard on the grape vine that they are going to use either Q400s and/or ATRs,any informatian would be appreciated as I am interested to work there,apparently the economy is booming and it is a nice place to work.Thanks

Gibron
6th Sep 2010, 07:49
It could be fly 540. They have been trying to start an operation there .

unstable load
7th Sep 2010, 10:37
One of the oil sector companies is also taking delivery of Q400's, so it could be crossed wires.....

It would be nice if the local fleet was boosted by some new equipment.

ct2003
7th Sep 2010, 16:53
I think you are referring to Heli Malongo. They took delivery of their 1st Q400. Operating -300s already.
Heli Malongo flies "long haul" shuttles from LAD to remote places on mainland from where oil workers will proceed by heli to the oil rigs.
Heli Malongo is a subsidiary of Sonair which is the air services company of Angola's state oil company Sonangol.

ct2003
7th Sep 2010, 16:55
@skyred

You might have picked up in other threads that Angola is not a nice place to work at all. I spent some months there :yuk::yuk:

chileno 777
8th Sep 2010, 00:15
HeliMalongo could not find a contract for the 3 Dash 8-300 so now they are selling these aircrafts. At the beginning were expecting 4 Q400 but recently decided to have only 2 airplanes. Probably is due to the crisis…
HM only flies to Cabinda (1hr fly from Luanda) and sometimes to Soyo (45 min). Do not fly to remote locations.

Fly540 are planning to use the ATRs 72-500 but …they are trying to start the operations since 2008 and nothing yet.

bigoil
8th Sep 2010, 04:36
I thought Heli Malongo was Chevron. Of course Sonair has a finger in the ops but its Chevron Oil.

If you can get to Angola go for it, bustling place, lots of money and a great experience.
It is Black Africa, keep that in mind.

chileno 777
8th Sep 2010, 16:46
HM belongs to Chevron (transports their workers), does not belong to Sonair although they have some shares/money in HM.

BTW Angolan economy it’s not booming at the moment. Was last year (21% a year), and the expected growth for this year is nearly 6%. Apparently it will improve in 2011.

unstable load
9th Sep 2010, 16:39
If it involves flying in the Angolan oil patch then Sonangol/Sonair is the ONLY local partner that is accepted by Sonangol. :hmm:
Thusly, Heli Malongo, Heli Union, CHC Global Ops, AMS and any and all others omitted were/are by default divisions of Sonangol/Sonair in conjunction with EIMASA and LSG.

This list is by no means complete or comprehensive, I might add........:ugh:

PS... CHC is no longer in Angola and Heli Union to follow suit in December, apparently.