PDA

View Full Version : Average Salaries for aircraft engineers in Gulf area ?!

ahmedviking
4th Sep 2010, 21:22
Hello ;
I was wondering if anybody would suggest a figure about the average salries for aircraft engineers in gulf area companies , like : Gulf Air, EK ,EY , Qatar so on..

I mean average for maintenance engineers ( may be Maintenance control ,Hangar or line basis ) and let's say for a med-career level.. 3-5 years of experience !

Thanks

MATMAX
5th Sep 2010, 08:26
Hello Ahmed,
Do you really think that with 3 to 5 years of experience , you are at a "med-career level" and with this experience , you can hold a position in an MCC ?
Back to your question , 2 years ago , i was at 17277 aed (basic) with ek , i started in our job in 1989 ...
Rgds.

MATMAX
5th Sep 2010, 11:17
Ahmed,
The most important i have forgotten to say : the net average payable was around 15000 aed , as i said , 2 years ago , with a different rate of exchange , and as far as i can remember , it was around 3000 euros (my own money).
Rgds.

ahmedviking
5th Sep 2010, 21:31
Dear MAtMAx ...Thnx so much for your concern and reply.
maybe i was a bit over exaggerating ,yes...but i meant 5 years of experience on certain type of aircraft ( not the whole career )

Anyway , i just wanted to check the current rates ..because i heard some figures that i think are just rumors , for example ; i heard that Qatar and EK pay around 10,000 USD ( gross per month ) for 7-10 years experienced engineers.

Anyone would confirm this fugure for todays actual rates ?!

MATMAX
6th Sep 2010, 09:03
Dear Ahmed , you are talking about rumours , i am giving you facts ...
Do not dream my friend ...
Within my time , the basic was 14722 aed in the terms and conditions at proposal of employment ...
Ahmed , what will be your price to work as a slave ?
Do you know that you will also be asked to come and work on days off , sometimes at the last minute ?
ANENG , the number of trees i have seen when i was there could be counted on one hand only ...
but sandstorms ... yes ! very good mostly when you have to replace an APU outside or for a fuel tank entry !
Rgds.

VikingViking
6th Sep 2010, 13:02
Matmax : thnx much for your replies, seems you didn't like your gulf experience at all !
anyway , it's not about how much u want as a slave i guess, it's about how much they give for such category of slaves .

anyway i'm trying to get a picture of the region ,because i'm looking for a job there and i'm hearing some figures and want to know before i move any further !

a heard that an old friend of mine offered like 5000 USD to work in MCC with GF or QR ( i don't remember ) , and he only has the A320 type rating and 3 years experience !!!! do you think it's good enoug ???

ANENG : i'm currently having turbulence, only clouds , looking for trees !!

Jet II
6th Sep 2010, 18:49
Listen to MATMAX

sevenoh
7th Sep 2010, 07:09
but MATMAX is no expert.....is he?
I would ask someone who stayed long enough to pass the GCAA engineers exam....

Bon Chance Monsieur D!:ok:

VikingViking
7th Sep 2010, 11:23
Dear ANENG ;
you are so humble

I figured out what you meant initially , i just tried to reply in a similar way :)
I meant that I have nothing to compare with here ( my world ) and that's why i'm asking for figures.

anyway, as i said " I heard " not sure of the QR/EK 10 grands .
if you see this joking, pelase provide us was a real actual figure , may be a pay slip ;)

VikingViking
7th Sep 2010, 12:20
flame_bringer : that's a perfect and useful reply.

These are nice salary figures i guess.

however, I'm not building my strategies based on salaries,but i just try to get idea of how things are going around,and as u said the market is seized ,so i would take whatever comes first :)

Do you work for gulfair ?

anyway,Thanks for your help.

Jet II
7th Sep 2010, 13:13
but MATMAX is no expert.....is he?
I would ask someone who stayed long enough to pass the GCAA engineers exam....

Whether he passed the GCAA exam or not is immaterial - the salary is the same

VikingViking
8th Sep 2010, 00:20
Let's get back to the topic and try to be useful, what are the advantages of Gulf Air ?? besides package benifits , i mean the other benefits that come from the environment,country or company development for its employees ?

Also, what's the promotion system from a grade to next one ?!
Do they pay for each type added ? or it only depends on grades ?

VikingViking
9th Sep 2010, 19:09
thnx flame