PDA

View Full Version : Wake - Rex Budd

Widewoodenwingswork
3rd Sep 2010, 21:22
For anyone who knows Rex Budd of Australian mustering and Vietnam Huey fame, he apparently has the dreaded C. He wants to be around for his wake and it's supposedly being held this Sunday the 5th. Give him a call if you haven't heard from him in a while. I'll put up more info as I find out more. Cheers.

topendtorque
4th Sep 2010, 03:53
Be gees.

a gentleman and legend in his own time and who generoursly helped many others, three at least I can think of, who also became somewhat legends, and the proprietors of very large operations

Huey fame

F86 too if I remember fable correctly?????

what he wouldn't know about a H269 isn't worth talking about.

I only briefly was priveleged to enjoy his company, he was driving a "granny puller" then.:ok:
tet

heliduck
6th Nov 2010, 02:09
Sadly Rex's funeral will be in Kuranda on Monday. RIP Rex Budd - DFC.

G.Budd
9th Nov 2010, 06:04
He was my Great Uncle.
Very sad what happened, luckily most of his family got to see him before he died so he didnt go alone or in any pain! RIP

topendtorque
9th Nov 2010, 10:03
G.Budd

g'day there young mate, yes a great and very capable bloke who did a tremendous amount for the cattle and helicopter industry in North Queensland with his proteges carrying on throughout Northern Australia.

Certainly he was responsible for the H269 being imported to OZ and being used extensively in mustering.

I believe that both his military and civilian history was well represented at Kuranda. It would be good to hear all of that.

would you like to check you private messages?

cheers tet

bbudd
3rd Feb 2011, 19:29
I would like to contact Arthur and Gwen. Any info? Please e-mail. Thanks