PDA

View Full Version : Unable to print from Airbus Air Nav Software

Flying Mech
3rd Sep 2010, 16:43
Hi All
Looking for some help & advice.
i am an Engineer using Airbus Air Nav Software ( Maintenance Manuals etc) running on my own personal Laptop as I am working an outstation on my own in France, I am a liitle short on Advice.
The Laptop is Toshiba using Windows XP & I can print from Word,Scanned Docs etc ,no problem
When I open Air Nav it works perfectly until i try to print.
i get as far as a Print Preview Screen,& I am unable to print,cancel etc, The only option is the Back arrow in the top LH corner, which when you click on it opens an empty window.

Wodrick
3rd Sep 2010, 17:35
From what I recall it opens a printing application from within, might be completly the wrong tree here but has it ever worked for you ? sounds like a bit of the installation missing. I had terrible trouble (how sad is this) running it at home when I was employed.

mixture
3rd Sep 2010, 18:02
Probably some form of DRM (digital rights management).

Are you able to take a screenshot* ? That might be an indicator as DRM frequently attempts to block obvious ways to take screenshots.

*= More detail ... Of the application at the stage before before you attempt to go to print. If you are able to, then a screenshot of the print dialogue and post it here.

Le Pen
8th Sep 2010, 08:57
Hi,

We have had some problems printing too.....

If I run through what we do, this may (or may not) help you.

There is a drop down, print icon on the upper right hand side.

If I remember (only used it yesterday) this gives you 4 options including print mage, print job card and print TOC selection.

Say, you select, Print job card. This gives a pop up with some choices on it.

On all 3 of our machines, this window is to big to clearly see those choices.... But the print button is the left one. (sometimes we se only the top 10% of it). Anyway you can just press enter and it is automatically selected.

Then another pop up with a print button on the top left.

This works for us.

Hope it helps you

Regards

LP

lloyd_dsouza
27th Oct 2011, 02:30
Need help here to on windows 7

After installation, then run AirNav, Tips is "HTML Printing: unable to attach TemplatePrinter behavior! Futherscripting errors may occur."
Click the Print button, you can not open the Print window

mixture
27th Oct 2011, 14:03
Sounds like your HTML printing plugin is not correctly installed.

Try running the program as administrator and see if it prompts you to install it, although it may be that it did not install because it's not W7 compatible so....

You could also try running the program in compatability mode ... see here (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows)