PDA

View Full Version : Saving work

cliffnemo
3rd Sep 2010, 16:14
When composing in M.S Word, for my thread and saving frequently, I then copy and paste to pprune. When i transfer to photobucket to load a photo, and return to pprnue I cannot find my previous work. Is there an easy way to save work done in pprune ?
Opening thee separate windows (. pprune, ms word and photobucket) certainly helps, but I would like to save as I progress.

I have tried, save frame, etc but to no avail
HELP.

CLIFFNEMO

Saab Dastard
3rd Sep 2010, 18:19
Is there an easy way to save work done in pprune ?

No. Unless of course you count simply posting your incomplete message then using the edit function to complete it.

I suggest tabbed browsing, or opening another instance of your browser, so that you can leave PPRuNe open while you do your photo stuff in another tab or instance.

Since you are composing in MS Word, you can save that as you go. I often do similar but with Notepad, because it has zero formatting so cuts & pastes nicely into any other application without dragging loads of unwanted formatting baggage with it.

SD

green granite
3rd Sep 2010, 18:52
What Saab says, but what browser are you using cliffnemo? If it's Fire Fox then tabs are the way to go as you can open as may as you like and the same with IE8, not sure about IE7 though.

Mac the Knife
3rd Sep 2010, 19:02
Using MS Word to draft a thread reply on PPRuNe is like using a 707 to drive round the corner to buy some milk.

As Saab suggests, either use Windows feeble Notepad or use a proper grownup (and free) text editor such as Notepad++ - Notepad++ | 5.7 (http://notepad-plus-plus.org/) or Metapad - metapad: award winning windows notepad replacement (http://liquidninja.com/metapad/)

:ok:

Mac

[real men use vi.................]

cliffnemo
4th Sep 2010, 10:26
Many thanks everyone. Will do a print out of all your replies, then read, mark learn, and inwardly digest. Us old codgers can't ask the teacher.
Will explore face book. Am using Firefox.

Nice to know you are still there Green Granite.
CLIFF.

Edit. Faceook ??? Just put it down to pre-senile dementia. Meant 'explore metapad'

Have just downloaded it.

Loose rivets
4th Sep 2010, 14:44
I mostly open a fresh browser to stop that happening.

My now discarded Yarhoo mail was terrible at just scrapping everything I'd just written when pasting something in.

The FireFox spell checker is so good now that I don't rezort to a Word Prosessor much these days.:}