PDA

View Full Version : from PPL to ATPL

txeriff
3rd Sep 2010, 08:46
Hi all,

Well, im new in the forum altoght i been looking here sometimes. anyway, i have a question:

is very complicated, i mean the theory ATPL than PPL?
Are distance learning courses OK?

thanks!

bingofuel
3rd Sep 2010, 09:16
That would depend on your level of education. What some would find complicated others would find straightforward.
If you have A level maths, physics and english, you should find it quite straightforward.

txeriff
3rd Sep 2010, 09:22
well, im not A at that, but i dint find very hard the PPL navigation and performance.

Im actually and computer software developer.

i just wanted some1, that, made the distance atpl to tell me how did he feel about it.

txeriff
3rd Sep 2010, 11:16
i just wanted someone who made ppl to atpl distance tell me how did it go (if it was very hard, what disadvantages found on distance learning, school...)

i am PPL right now.

Whirlygig
3rd Sep 2010, 12:42
There are lots of us here who have gone from PPL theory to ATPL theory; some would have found it easier than others. If you are good at maths and physics and enjoy learning, you should find it OK. If you are struggling with PPL, then you will likely find ATPL harder.

I found it quite straightfoward, some subjects really easy, others not so but the volume of information to learn is quite high.

Cheers

Whirls

txeriff
3rd Sep 2010, 12:49
thanks. well, my ppl was not has hard as expected. i remember the load of books and said OMG and after i didnt open some of them. Maybe the performance and navigation were more complex, but i passed em with no trouble.

any1 went into distance ATPL?

Whirlygig
3rd Sep 2010, 12:59
As I said .... Yes, lots f us. It's not difficult.

Cheers

Whirls

txeriff
3rd Sep 2010, 13:02
what distance school did you choose?

Whirlygig
3rd Sep 2010, 13:03
Atlantic.

Cheers

Whirls

XL319
3rd Sep 2010, 15:16
Horses for courses really. Each person learns at different rates and finds different subjects easy/hard!!! I found some technical subjects such as Met easy, yet struggled with gen nav. It was more the way CAA try their crafty ways of catching you out on certain questions, therefore accuracy and double checking is paramount.

Other than that if you learn the equations /methods then you should generally be ok.:ugh: