PDA

View Full Version : AIR REGs

Pulkdahulk
3rd Sep 2010, 02:26
Hey Guys,

I am tired of studying Bali and all the Q bank and failing twice in the air regs attempt because no of those Qs in the July attempt even showed up. Hardly 4-5 Questions only.

Please give me all the books that is needed to pass this exam including Human Factors and Ear stuff. DGCA is changing its pattern dramatically as in the last two air regs attempt.

Thanks

kwaiyai
3rd Sep 2010, 03:04
Which country are you in?

Pulkdahulk
3rd Sep 2010, 03:06
At the moment US, but coming back to India in a few days.

soaring.high
3rd Sep 2010, 06:17
FAA Question bank of Regs could come in handy to you.Even you can refer to AIM section of FAR-AIM.It contains a lot of information about aero medical factors.You can also refer to Jeppsen Instrument/Commercial pilot manual for aero medical factors.Both the AIM and Jeppesen Instrument/Commercial manual contain brief information regarding aero medical factors such as hypoxia,hyperventilation,CO poisioning,Scuba Diving,Sinus Blockage,Construction of ear canal,spatial disorientation etc.
Regards
S.H

Pulkdahulk
3rd Sep 2010, 06:35
Thanks S.H

Very well versed with it. Been instructing for two years lol....

But thanks again, I will have to pull out some JAA Human Factors booked because as one of my first officer's friend keeps telling me

FAA pilots are poor when it comes to knowledge of ICAO, and he is right. FAA does not go into detail.

IndAir967
3rd Sep 2010, 06:49
Study in and outs of ICAO DOC 8168.
Bali is a waste of time.
Get those Air Reg notes from "DGCA-Tutors" and glance through them.
When you have time, go through the cars on the dgca cars on the website.

You ll make it through.

Best of luck :ok:.

Pulkdahulk
3rd Sep 2010, 06:51
Now that is a SOLID Posting.

Thanks for that answer and fantastic opinion.

Good Job

soaring.high
3rd Sep 2010, 06:53
Well if you are well versed with FAR-AIM/Jepp.than I think you will not have any problem as far as aero medical factors are concerned because I think the aeromed.factors remain the same internationally(let it be JAA/FAA/DGCA they cant change them).Rest of the things might change (as per DGCA/JAA/ICAO standards).I did not have any prob.answering about 10 questions on aeromed.facts asked in DGCA exams and I did not have a chance to refer to any JAA question bank/book.I answered all the questions depending upon my knowledge of FAA regs.

Terror.Bird
3rd Sep 2010, 16:40
Go for basic reg books published by EBS..(2 of them).. after that questionnaire by Seth, Bhutti and Duggal.. some of the questions wl be repeated 10s of times but yeah good way of revision :) one may consider Duggals notes are as old as his age but they worked wonders for me... & last but not the least I cleared these exams 3-4 attempts back & probably many, who are advising here & heard from the people who have been giving exams for a year or so without success that DGCA has changed the format of paper though syllabus is same... but what appears is, they have started asking from updates & revised CAR n all... best of luck for next session... hope they repeat 4-5 question what they usually do & you know them all :ok:

Sperry CL2
4th Sep 2010, 06:22
@ Pulkdahulk- thanks mate u sucha savior. i olredy started the technical part...cnt trust DGCA they have this fluctuating ideas everytime:ugh:
i wud like to add somthing regarding human factor and ear queries,if you can manage CAA syllabus book for Human performance can work with all your problems.its jus wonderfull
myself too appearing for Reg on this 15th (special attempt) still dont know whether they'r going accept it or not.
Gudluk for the xam
cheeroo

RNP2
4th Sep 2010, 07:32
Try getting this book called Air regulations by VK krishnan....pretty helpful

Pulkdahulk
4th Sep 2010, 18:28
Can i buy these books in New Delhi and where can i purchase it?

Human Factors and VK Krishnan

cyrilroy21
4th Sep 2010, 18:47
@PulkdaHulk

I have the Jeppesen JAA ATPL Human Factors in pdf if you require it

Its kinda like going through Aviation Medecine 101 :hmm:

Sperry CL2
4th Sep 2010, 18:52
Sorry Pulkdahulk i dont think you will find it here ..... i have CAA human factor PDF too

Terror.Bird
5th Sep 2010, 04:49
you can try EBS at Connaught Place's landmark Odeon Cinema... gud luck.. they have most of the books n one of the biggest aviation book collection in delhi...

Pulkdahulk
5th Sep 2010, 05:24
I like your profile name

Terror BIRD - --sounds awesome!

Sperry CL2
5th Sep 2010, 06:20
Hey Guys from where i can check on to ICAO DOC 8168 ??
Thnks to IndAir967:ok:

Pulkdahulk
5th Sep 2010, 07:09
Me too man

Terror.Bird
5th Sep 2010, 07:32
check out these..
http://dcaa.slv.dk:8000/icaodocs/Doc%208168%20-%20Aircraft%20Operations/

&
http://www.icao.int/icaonet/dcs/8168/8168_v1_5ed_amend_14_advanced.pdf

hope it helps. :ok:

Terror.Bird
5th Sep 2010, 07:41
@Pulkdahulk (http://www.pprune.org/members/327356-pulkdahulk)
thanks for those words...

Sperry CL2
5th Sep 2010, 07:44
Cheerss Terror:ok:

v1_rotate
5th Sep 2010, 08:07
terror.bird thanks for the links mate . :)

Sperry CL2
16th Sep 2010, 03:39
Hey how was the xam ? how did it go ??