PDA

View Full Version : Perth Airport Transferring between terminals?

nivsy
2nd Sep 2010, 20:50
Shall be arriving at Perth Domestic Terminal (Virgin Blue) late October and we are picking up a car. A week later flying out from the International Terminal (Singapore Airlines).

Interestingly I have read some fairly negative reports about the airport in general however it seems apparant that hiring a car at the Domestic T and returning it at the International T is extremely pricey - well over 100 dollars more expensive compared to picking and dropping off at the domestic terminal. Can anyone confirm that my findings are correct?

If the car was to be hired from and dropped off at the domestic terminal does anyone know of easy transfers? I had heard that the "shuttle bus" is unreliable and can you need to allow for over an hour for the transfer. I belive the service is only timetabled at 30 minute intervals. It also looks as if for airport transfers they charge 8 dollars for the pleasure:yuk:

Any recommendations of car hire companies? Red dot and the majors are all expensive and have plenty of add ons!

Grateful for any constructive comment.

Nivsy

Winch-control
2nd Sep 2010, 21:32
The (Perth Oz) Terminals are on opposite sides of the airfield.
The shuttle bus is a poor service, however there are always taxis outside the terminal, you do not need to rely on the shuttle, but you will pay a bit more as its about a ten minute taxi ride. This for sure would be less than paying the $100 for dropping your hire car at the wrong terminal.
There are a number of 'budget' car hire companies; google will sort you out.;)

Rusland 17
3rd Sep 2010, 06:37
The inter-terminal transfer bus at Perth is a little inconvenient. It only runs every 45 minutes or so and is (or was, last time I used it) only available to passengers who are actually transferring between flights. The driver asked to see our boarding passes before we could board.

However, if you already had a boarding pass for your international flight (via online check-in) then there would probably be no problem boarding the bus at the domestic terminal.