PDA

View Full Version : Fundus Albipunctatus Info.

abedi
2nd Sep 2010, 20:25
This is for general information, might be a tad bit long but relevant to anyone that may suffer a similar condition...

I have a genetic disorder in both my eyes known as Fundus Albipunctatus, which eventually causes night blindness by the time your in your early 20's. It's rare (something like only 1000 people in the UK have it I was told!) but the nature of it would mean complete failure in a Class 1.

Weird thing for me is that i don't suffer any sort of problems at night or anything just wear normal glasses with some astigmatism. I provided all the documentation I had been given from Moorfields eye hospital, and then went ahead with the class 1, mainly from the sounds of it because the optoms at Gatwick hadn't seen the condition and wanted to see me.

I was given the full once over and thank god passed the class 1 medical being given a "gypsy's warning" incase I experienced any problems later.

so for future references and generally if you suffer anything I think speaking to the nurse or even asking directly to speak to the optoms etc. is very helpful and fingers crossed you guys will pass your medicals!

thanks!