PDA

View Full Version : Australian Flying School Reputation

skyflyer21
2nd Sep 2010, 14:59
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has heard good or bad things about the flying schools in Australia. For undertaking CPL & MECIR Training. Mainly QLD & MEL area.
Are there any flying schools that stand out from the rest. you know what i mean, treat you like a person. not like another sausage in the sausage factory. also how good that are at covering the theory section of learning.

Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

OZvandriver
2nd Sep 2010, 15:28
If you're considering the Gold Coast do not bother with Australian Wings Academy...they are extremely expensive ($25,000+++ for a MECIR in a duchess!!) and have an awful reputation. They are the ultimate sausage factory.

To be fair one or two of the instructors are great but the management team, or whats left of it (its very hard to keep track) are far from great. Don't take it from me though, just do a quick search and see what others have to say about it.

skyflyer21
2nd Sep 2010, 15:43
thanks for that, yeah i wasn't really looking at them. I was looking at a place called Queensland Aviation, i gives you your CPL & MECIR for a total cost of around $50,000. I am not too sure how they go with their reputation...? also looking at johnston aviation in port mac & Airborne Aviation out of Camden. same issue, not too sure which one takes care of you too make sure you know your stuff.