PDA

View Full Version : When Does SpiceJet, Indigo and GoAir plan to start hiring??

prashanth
2nd Sep 2010, 06:35
I know JetAirways has started hiring.. Any idea about when the other airlines in India are most likely to start hiring freshers?? I read a lot about a lot of them ordering a lot of Aircrafts so im guessing that they must be starting off pretty soon!!

naughtyjay
2nd Sep 2010, 06:45
GoAir has finished their process around 2 months ago for selection and every1 has even completed all the formalities including medicals.
No more hire from goair for this year. Confirm..

rohandatta277
2nd Sep 2010, 07:18
Spicejet and Indigo are in process of hiring... Its all happening within the company. I know people who appeared for Spicejet and Indigo interviews and got selected too.
If you see the DGCA result the candidates who appeared for B-737-800 paper are the candidates who already have attended ground classes with spicejet in July.
God knows when will they be out for candidates with no influence !!

bombayhues
2nd Sep 2010, 09:11
I believe IndiGo, through CAE, has been holding written exams periodically. Everyone is free to apply for these exams and appear for them. Have a few friends who got through IndiGo by going through this process and from what I hear it is pretty clean (I am sure a lot of people will like to disagree but then this is my personal opinion) :ok:

jimmygill
2nd Sep 2010, 11:12
I hear it is pretty clean

Don't base opinion on hearsay.

bombayhues
2nd Sep 2010, 12:14
@jimmy: I am sure everyone is entitled to believe what they want to, right? I have reasons to believe it is a fair process and you may have yours to believe otherwise.

Anyways I don't want to get in to a discussion as to what is clean and what is not. Just wanted to inform the creator of this thread and others that yes, IndiGo is hiring.

jimmygill
2nd Sep 2010, 15:42
Don't base opinion on hearsay.

That wasn't a criticism, merely an advice.

aditya104
3rd Sep 2010, 01:11
jst read a news that 160 pilots left Kingfisher last year and 33 so far this year. Most of them went to Indigo, GoAir and Qatar Airways.

Mint ePaper - Article (http://epaper.livemint.com/ArticleImage.aspx?article=03_09_2010_004_003&mode=1)

Capt Apache
3rd Sep 2010, 01:21
@ Prashanth

im guessing that they must be starting off pretty soon!!

Well Sir, Sorry to tell you this, but if you don't have no pull, it ain't gonna be pretty and it ain't gonna be soon.

@ Jimmy

That wasn't a criticism, merely an advice.

Perhaps you should advice yourself on trying not to advice people until they ask for it.

P.S: Written in good spirit

alphabravocharlie1
3rd Sep 2010, 04:23
@Capt Apache

The only thing you get for free from others in India is ADVICE. :}

.. except from Sindhis .. they will charge you for it too ! :E

Bravo 737
3rd Sep 2010, 05:01
We have this mentality that people who got into the seats we wanted must have had some influence. When will we realize that people who are there deserve it more than us?
If you say the candidates who appeared for 737-800 papers got in through influence, I suggest you please update your knowledge regarding this.
No hard feelings:=

rohandatta277
3rd Sep 2010, 05:43
I appeared for the interview too... And the candidates asked me " HOW COME YOU ARE HERE " !!! As if i was the ODD ONE !!

I never said the candidates who appeared were not deserving... Some of them really were... !! But definitely not all !!

TAPAN22
3rd Sep 2010, 11:52
@ Rohandatta
Hey how did u appear 4 d interview,, i mean thru ny infuence or what ?
As they have not posted any vacancies on their website !!

Bravo 737
3rd Sep 2010, 14:07
@ rohandatta277 - well I'm not sure what interview are you talking of. I never heard of any interview in Spicejet recently. And if you say not all are deserving, the result is self explanatory. And the candidates who asked you " HOW COME YOU ARE HERE ", did they get through the interview?

rohandatta277
3rd Sep 2010, 14:34
@ TAPAN22

Honestly... I really don't know why i got the cal !!!

The only thing i did was visited their office 2 twice to give my resume personally once i knew they are conducting interviews....(and tht was bcos my friend was appearing for it)

And i continue to do that with all airlines..... Thts the only way i think i have a chance... can't just simply sit home when i know someone there is hiring..

@BRAVO737

No offence... just bcos u haven't heard doesn't mean airlines are not hiring. To update u... Except Air India.. which actually came out with an advertisement no other company actually came out with an advertisement but they are still hiring... GO AIR did.. Indigo is... Spicejet is... Blue Dart did.. Deccan 360 is....... Jet never came out with an advertisement but it conducted the test on basis of wat ?????? ( by the way i didn't get through the jet airways written but i still think its a very transparent process...)

Wel bottom line... Everyone is !!!! They just don't come out with it !!

People might be really deserving.... and I don't hesitate to say MORE DESERVING THAN ME !!! but its all about fair chance !!! and tht is wat everyone is waiting for... so am I..

And yes those who asked me.... did get through.. !!!

P.S : All written in good spirit..
And lets just stick to the topic.... not how I got a chance and whatever !!

Bravo 737
3rd Sep 2010, 16:19
Well...Spicejet didn't come up with an advt. because they already have their cadet pilots. And the candidates that gave the B737-8 exam are those very cadets hired by Spicejet 2-3 yrs back. And one may even claim the the hiring process of jet is nothing but an eye washer. I personally never felt so (I've cleared the jet interview also).

P.S : I am a Spicejetter. FYI.

rohandatta277
3rd Sep 2010, 17:34
Congratulations to u on ur success with Spicejet.

I don't want to take names... But there are candidates there who are not Spice Jet cadets. :)

Terror.Bird
3rd Sep 2010, 17:43
& I dont wanna take the name of a person from Cadet batch who was given CERTIFICATE by Sabena "NOT FIT FOR FLYING" for breaking the nose wheel while landing... & now is aspiring (or probably online) FO in Spice :ugh:

vish02
3rd Sep 2010, 20:09
I have been hearing a lot about Air india upcoming vacancies?????any of u guys have any idea about when they gonna come up?????

Bravo 737
4th Sep 2010, 03:16
Thanks rohandatta277

@rohandatta277, Terror.Bird : check your pm.

prashanth
14th Sep 2010, 17:30
Guyz I've been hearing tht AIR India will start soon(i.e. with Freshers also and just nt the Type Rated people!!) Is this true??

Jimmy Hoffa Rocks
15th Sep 2010, 13:04
Whats it like working for Indigo ? Good or.. atmosphere. Working condition ?:confused:

Interested in hearing from pilots who actually are working there

Thanks

airbus_capt
28th Sep 2010, 07:53
spicejet have a internal exam for boeing 737 self sponsored type rated pilots on wednesday, 2 of my friends are called for the exam.

airbus_capt
29th Sep 2010, 11:25
hey any idea about the results of today's spicejet exam for 737?