PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me this is not true ( 2 new subjects added for CPL conversion DGCA )

AviatorVette
1st Sep 2010, 19:00
I just cleared my composite paper, was gonna do my recency soon. I have heard from friends that the DGCA has added two more papers for people wanting to convert their CPL ... Technical & Specific ( Could someone please explain what these papers are )

http://dgca.nic.in/forms/Pilot/pilotexam.pdf

I really hope this is not true. I have regs and RT left to do.

jimmygill
1st Sep 2010, 21:17
2. PPL candidates are required to appear in Composite paper in General, Technical (Gen) and Technical Specific papers only.

3. CPL /CHPL candidates are required to appear in Navigation, Meteorology, Air Regulation paper in General and Technical (Gen)& Technical Specific papers only.

4. ATPL candidates are required to appear in Navigation, Meteorology, Radio Aids & Instruments paper in General and Technical (Gen), Technical Specific & Technical performance papers only. If appearing in ATPL directly without having CPL Licence shall appear in Air Regulation paper as well

5. PPLCG candidates are required to appear in Composite paper in General, Technical (Gen) and Technical Specific papers only.

6. CPLCG candidates are required to appear in Navigation Composite, Air Regulation paper in General and Technical (Gen)& Technical Specific papers only.

7. ATPLCG candidates are required to appear in Navigation composite, Air Regulation (if not holding Indian CPL) paper in General and Technical (Gen),Technical Specific & Technical performance papers only.

1. Its obvious (to some) that if you get PPL on PA34 by clearing the PA34 Written Technical Exam, you don't have to retake the same when you get the CPL or ATPL on PA34

2. Same practice has been used for Technical General, if you clear it for CPL you don't take it again for ATPL

3. AS far as PPLCG/CPLCG/ATPLCG is considered there is little point in conducting the technical general and specific exams, but the local aviation training industry may be lobbying to get these hurdles in way of conversions, so that they don't lose customers to USA/Canada/OZ/NZ/SA/Philip.. etc.

4. Its is possible this all is an error.. if you see how they really work at DGCA you will know they are crazy cut-copy-paste people. Remember nor CAR has been amended its only the form, they tried to make better.

AviatorVette
1st Sep 2010, 21:50
^ Thanks for your reply, that still doesnt make any sense... What about the people like us who have already completed our flight training in usa and now we are "converting" the papers.. finally have cleared the massive hurdle of Composite paper, if this is true it is extremely depressing.

Pulkdahulk
2nd Sep 2010, 06:15
Oh man! You have got to be kidding me!!!

avalanche007
3rd Sep 2010, 05:16
ATPL - 11 papers required to be done
CPL - 15 Papers

and from where did you get this info from ?
what about atpl general papers

soaring.high
3rd Sep 2010, 05:47
This is total Bull Sh :mad:t of DGCA.Every 2 or 3 months they come up with a new regulation/amendment which is capable enough to screw so many people.For e.g someone with foreign licence obtains RTR (A), he/she still needs to get an FRTOL issued by DGCA,but why? when you already have an RT permit (Which is the higher licence than FRTOL) why does one need to obtain an FRTOL?Just to pay the dgca 5k Rs? More subjects added,more documents needed = more money going into DGCA's kitty very simple(Bloody money sucking vampires).But ultimately these things are making the life of every single airman miserable!! Earlier exam fees for each individual paper used to be 50rs. its been increased to 500 rs. so 10 times increase in the fees!! If they are drawing more money in DGCA then why dont they spend it on the right cause (Employing more EFFICENT staff/Updating their systems for example) rather than filling up their pockets ( Which are so heavily loaded already that one day their pants will drop in the public !)

If DGCA wants to add more subjects then why doesnt it increase the frequency of conducting exams first or why doesnt it think of conducting an exam online at designated centers in various cities(Not only Mum,Del,Kol,Bal & Che) where a candidate can appear at will when ever he/she feels is ready.If DGCA wants to change/make changes i suggest they do it for better.This is yet another ploy to create loop holes in the system (Ironically the system itself has been created by DGCA).

Pulkdahulk
3rd Sep 2010, 06:06
Inside Sources.

I am not scaring anyone. Just want you all to be prepared for the changes.

Cheers

spedfast
3rd Sep 2010, 12:48
DGCA had given enough time to be prepared as according to their Public Updates they do on their website. It was issued in the beginning of May.

Pulkdahulk, care to locate this said public notice for me?

I quote from the pertaining CAR :
Conversion of CPL issued by Foreign Authorities: Written examination in
the subjects of Composite paper and Air Regulation. The Composite paper
shall cover the subjects of Air Navigation and Aviation Meteorology.

Now I know DGCA works is mysterious ways, but this will be quite a something even if they manage to pull it off!

Terror.Bird
3rd Sep 2010, 17:31
instruction # 6 clearly says that, for conversion one need to appear in Navigation Composite, Air Regulation paper ONLY..:rolleyes:

Pulkdahulk
3rd Sep 2010, 19:34
Ok,

I have got official confirmation from friends who went and asked in person to DGCA.

All the above statements by me do not hold valid.

The exams is only for CPL candidates, not for CPLCG candidates.

It was a misprint as pointed out by an earlier post by someone.

And this post is 100% accurate.

Sorry for any confusion.

ashish_pilote
4th Sep 2010, 07:28
The New Update CA-9 pdf from is out......http://dgca.nic.in/forms/Pilot/pilotexam.pdf

6. CPLCG candidates are required to appear in Navigation Composite, Air Regulation paper ONLY
p

Just another DGCA F#*k up !!!:ugh: