PDA

View Full Version : Jet aviation

PT6fixer
1st Sep 2010, 17:55
Greetings
I used the search function regarding "Jet aviation"
And came up with not so positive comments from around the year 2008.
Iīve been looking at their homepage and seen that they are looking for manpower of all sorts among them engineers.
Are there any that could shed some light on how they are to work for these days?
working environment, location and pay?
Thanks.
PT6

ps. especially the Swiss operation.

PT6fixer
2nd Sep 2010, 16:23
No one at all...?
Not even rumours?

tuned cavity
3rd Sep 2010, 07:58
Jet Aviation is probably Switzerlands largest Aviation employer. It is a subsiduary company of General Dynamics. Their main base is Basel on the Swiss german French border but they have divisions in Zurich, Dusseldorf, Geneva, Singapore and Dubai. This list is not exaustive. They are mostly involved in the maintenance of business jet aircraft and have an extensive refit business in Basel working on anything up to A340. My experience with them has been very positive. They offer good, stable, lawful employment. Salaries are reasonable but not high. Hope this helps

PT6fixer
3rd Sep 2010, 10:39
Thank you Tuned cavity
:)

wingedspanner
5th Sep 2010, 16:36
Jet Aviation's reputation has taken a dive in the last few years. They have taken on more work in Basel than they can handle, and have not been able to deliver on schedule. a fair number of their experienced engineers have moved on to new FBOs that have sprung up in Basel such as AMAC and Air Services Basel.
I heard there have been some retrenchments as well, especially in Dubai due to the financial crisis.
The Singapore branch has plans to expand at Seletar airport and they are setting up ops in Kuala Lumpur's Subang airport. These 2 bases don't seem too bad to work for.

PT6fixer
7th Sep 2010, 21:16
Cheers Winged...

AFStarliner
16th Sep 2010, 19:00
I can confirm what Wingedspanner says.
Jet Aviation Basel (if you're looking to work there) is still facing a lot of problems since JA group has been sold, bought then eventually sold to General Dynamics. Therefore, the company has been deeply restructured these past years (and this keeps going nowadays).

But JA Basel maintenance activities are still going pretty well, as they are especially a renowned MRO for Dassault Falcon, plus Bombardier, Raython Hawker and Gulfstream (Gulfstream being a company owned by General Dynamics too).
If you're looking for jobs in maintenance, then vacancies can be interesting for you.
All the widebody outfitting part has more difficulties, although strong market there.

Concerning wages, I would say it can be interesting once you're living in France (and working in Switzerland). Otherwise, you can get better elsewhere.

Hope this helps. I only had a short experience in this company.

PT6fixer
18th Sep 2010, 14:35
Thanks AFStarliner
Albeit short was your experience good with them?
Considering the high living costīs in Switzerland are swiss engineers paid above average for an engineer?
Cheers
PT6

AFStarliner
21st Sep 2010, 10:05
Yes, overall my experience has been positive.
My guess concerning engineers wages at Jet Aviation is you can make a decent living if you apply as a contractor. But the clever thing to do is to settle in France, where life's cost is significantly lower, trust me :)
If you want to compare to other Swiss companies like maybe SR Technics, I've been told JA wages are not the top ones.

I'm sorry this aren't accurate answers, as I have poor possibilities to compare (I'm still a bit young :p).

PT6fixer
21st Sep 2010, 16:42
itīs good enough for me AFStarliner..thanks:ok:

corpjock
24th Sep 2010, 22:48
Beware!
I don't know about their European operations but they just sacked two engineers in Hong Kong, one non-licensed and one very experienced, licensed one most types, very good person.
No warnings, just gone.
This is not the first time for Jet in asia, so if it happens there I guess i can happen in Europe, same management.
Good luck!