PDA

View Full Version : NCA cargo... anyone?

coltrane
1st Sep 2010, 09:03
Hi all,

I remember there used to be a contract via one of the agency’s with Nippon Cargo a few years back. I didn’t really meet the hiring criteria then, but I’m getting close now...

The most recent topic regarding NCA dates back to late 2008 and I’m just curious what’s going on.. how’s NCA doing at the moment? Are they in some way connected to/ affected by Air Japans restructuring plan?

Is it likely that people (expats) will be recruted again in, lets say a year from now? ow and another minor thing, do they still have a pilot base in Amsterdam?:E

Thanks!

Mendel
1st Sep 2010, 13:45
Well, from what I hear,
new contracts issued with a 10% pay cut in them, no expansion, -8 deferred, no upgrades for last few years and loads of ex JAL B744 rated guys about to hit the market. But yes there is still an AMS base.

coltrane
2nd Sep 2010, 10:34
Ok, that's quite clear. Lookes like a passed station then.. thanks for the info though!

Non Zero
16th Oct 2011, 04:57
New NCA 744 NTR seat positions coming on Parc ... any idea if left or right? thanks

Fratemate
16th Oct 2011, 07:55
Not NCA myself but we spend a LOT of time in the same hotel/same pubs, so:

new contracts issued with a 10% pay cut in them True but (a)would not affect a new joiner i.e. you either sign on the dotted line for the current deal or not and (b)they're getting money back from some missing allowance or other (can't remember off the top of my head what it was for) which amounts to some $30ish grand in SOME cases. So, the money hasn't really changed too much.

no upgrades for last few years Loads of upgrades going on at the moment and continuing in November and the New Year (8 at a time I think).

loads of ex JAL B744 rated guys about to hit the market Ah, the JAL red herring. So far the JAL 'exodus' has made so much difference as to be a complete non event. Some have gone to Skymark and a few have made an appearance at NCA but the 'flood' never happened and does not seem to have affected the Japanese aviation scene at all. Either that or the bubble in which I live is completely screwed up :)

Haven't heard about the -8 being deferred. That doesn't mean I'm saying I don't think it's happening, just the NCA boys still seem to be planning on getting them and courses are being arranged (according to pub talk).

Coltrane,

NCA is totally unconnected with AJX. They have had to deal with all the 'challenges' of recent events in Japan, just as all the other companies have but AJX's restructuring has nothing whatsoever to do with NCA. I've heard they are/will be recruiting expats again but only in the right seat and AMS is still available as I type.

All up-to-date as of about 1 hour ago from the NCA guys in the hotel; take it or leave it as you wish :)

coltrane
19th Oct 2011, 07:15
Non Zero & Fratemate,

Thanks for the heads up! I'm still very interested, so will keep on monitoring parc's website closely..