PDA

View Full Version : WTF?

22 Degree Halo
31st Aug 2010, 20:27
GANGLAND thugs armed with chisels chopped off a young man's penis in a gruesome attack beside a main road.
The attack on Bryan Hanlon, 26, came a week after his twin brother James had holes bored in his head with a power drill in another targeted underworld assault

Gang chop off rival's manhood with chisel days after twin has holes drilled in his head - The Daily Record (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2010/08/31/gang-chop-off-rival-s-manhood-with-chisels-days-after-twin-has-holes-drilled-in-his-head-86908-22525727/)

11Fan
31st Aug 2010, 20:29
Well, something interesting to talk about at the next Family Reunion.

So, what's new with you?

Pugilistic Animus
1st Sep 2010, 02:59
what a depressing story..personally I'd rather die:{

galaxy flyer
1st Sep 2010, 03:18
Boy, am I relieved to hear UK gun control prevented the victim from being SHOT WITH A GUN! Much worse. OTOH, he wasn't afforded the opportunity to defend himself.

GF

SoundBarrier
1st Sep 2010, 03:38
what was his name...Willy? :}

Gentleman Jim
1st Sep 2010, 04:21
Clearly the attack was horrific, but I think there is more to it than meets the eye. The victim (and his twin brother) were both close associates of a 'feared Gangland enforcer' who was gunned down recently.

You can measure a man by the company he keeps, and it seems these lads were definitely keeping the wrong company. Was it a revenge attack for something the twins have been involved in, and now they don't have the hard man to protect them?

The Police say they are treating it as attempted murder as the intent was obviously to kill. I have to disagree, if the Gang members wanted to kill the guy they would have easily done so, same with the twin who had holes drilled in his head.

It reminds me a bit of the movie 'Snatch'! Remember the comment by Brick Top
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible c**t... me. !

British Gangster movies are the best. Sadly it seems that these thugs have been watching too many of them.

Bruce Wayne
1st Sep 2010, 07:17
some key point of interest in this..

The Hanlon twins were both close pals of murdered gangland enforcer Kevin "Gerbil" Carroll.

Gangland enforcer called gerbil ! What did he do, nibble you to submission ?

Carroll, a feared enforcer for the Daniel crime clan, was gunned down in front of terrified shoppers at an Asda store in Robroyston, Glasgow, in January.

What a way to go. on the floor of ASDA with a bale of straw bedding under the arm and a bag of nuts in one hand.

Police are treating it as at tempted murder.

Attempted murder or tempted murder.. ? is this a new legal precedent ?

James Hanlon, driving a silver Vauxhall Vectra, was tailed for four miles by thugs in a black Audi A4 convertible before the attackers rammed his car.

he's not the sharpest chisel in the drawer !

and the final word from the police..

We don't think this was a random act

Floppy Link
1st Sep 2010, 08:59
What a way to go. on the floor of ASDA

It was in the car park. At the Robroyston ASDA, parking can be murder...

Blacksheep
1st Sep 2010, 09:03
Judging by the particular injuries inflicted on him, he once did something rude to somebody who has held a grudge ever since. They didn't want to kill him, they wanted him to live like that.

tony draper
1st Sep 2010, 09:10
Just one name, Sir Percy Sillitoe, Hammer of the Scots, He'd have fettle em.:E

sitigeltfel
1st Sep 2010, 14:16
If you know anything about Glasgow, you will understand this is not unusual.

Although guns are available, they prefer to use sharp implements such as knives, axes, machetes. Less noise, more damage, much more fear and pain.

rgbrock1
1st Sep 2010, 14:20
Pardon the interruption but I'm curious, as a citizen across the salt water divide, about Glasgow, Scotland.

I've often seen on these here threads mention made about all the bad things which go on in that city. Is it really that bad in Glasgow? And, if so, what makes it that way i.e., unemployment, disparity between those who have and those who don't?

Merely curious.

Storminnorm
1st Sep 2010, 14:24
Glazgy was the Euro City of Kultcher a coupla yers ago, Wannit?

G-CPTN
1st Sep 2010, 14:58
disparity between those who have and those who don't?I don't believe that many of the residents 'had' much.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2809065/There-will-be-blood-over-Gerbil-killing.html

Daniel clan’s ‘two fingers’ to the Lyons at Kevin ‘Gerbil’ Carroll funeral | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News (http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2978524/Daniel-clans-two-fingers-to-the-Lyons-at-Kevin-Gerbil-Carroll-funeral.html)

Tankertrashnav
1st Sep 2010, 17:23
what a depressing story..personally I'd rather diehttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/boohoo.gif

Socrates said that having a male libido was like being chained to a lunatic - well someone sure cut his chains for him!

Galaxy Flier - the US's liberal gun laws didnt help John Wayne Bobbitt IIRC!

22 Degree Halo
1st Sep 2010, 20:30
There was something years ago about Glasgow having a higher murder rate than NYC, but struggling to find if this is actually fact..

For its part, Glasgow is a fine city, far nicer than smelly Edinburgh :p

Flying Serpent
1st Sep 2010, 20:38
Is it really that bad in Glasgow? And, if so, what makes it that way i.e., unemployment, disparity between those who have and those who don't?

I have a bit of knowledge of this particular part of the world and I have to say that my experience is that the violence is the direct result of long term poverty and subsequent depression and desperation.
For many generations Glasgow and its surrounding towns had their main employment base in heavy engineering, particularly ship building and it's associated industries. When this line of work came to an end in 70's nothing was readily available to fill the void and many, many thousands foud themselves unemployed. Inward investment was slow to emerge and still is and there is currently a high uemployment rate in these areas. There are also very high levels of substance abuse.

Of course the above only represents a minority. The remainder are real salt of the earth types but ufortunately being a good neighbour or a really nice person doesn't make for good headlines.

G-CPTN
1st Sep 2010, 20:56
Murder capital paints itself the wrong shade of black | UK news | The Observer (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/apr/11/ukcrime.lornamartin)

hellsbrink
1st Sep 2010, 21:05
There was something years ago about Glasgow having a higher murder rate than NYC, but struggling to find if this is actually fact..

Report from 2003 says "No"

Glasgow is Britain's murder capital as knife crime spirals - Crime, UK - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/glasgow-is-britains-murder-capital-as-knife-crime-spirals-737329.html)

Looking for something more recent

con-pilot
1st Sep 2010, 21:43
From G-C's link dated 2004.

The city is now the murder capital of western Europe. In the first three months of this year, 18 men, women and children were murdered, pushing the homicide rate to 9.4 per million of the population - twice as high as London, and greater than Manchester, Belfast and New York.

22 Degree Halo
1st Sep 2010, 22:13
Maybe I got confused with Glasgow (Scotland) as having/has highest heart disease record of the developed world:}

Mechta
2nd Sep 2010, 00:16
I can't believe I've read this far and not yet seen the words Chib or Stoat (as in 'I'll stoat yer!').

Mrs Mechta, born in Govan, assures me that the former is an improvised weapon, for example a hammer with a Stanley knife taped to the end, and the latter, which I originally and erroneously, believed meant getting beaten about the head with a weasel-like creature, in fact means to bounce someone off a pavement.

Whole websites are devoted to different types of 'chibs', and they all make me cringe just reading them. You have got to really dislike your fellow humans to dream some of these monstrosities up.