PDA

View Full Version : Accident Proneness

tony draper
31st Aug 2010, 20:53
Some people are some are not,wonder if there is a scientific explanation for this phenomenon? in sproghood Bro Draper was never away from the childrens Hospital ,cuts slashes breaks spraines ect.
My cousin Johnny from London was the same,every time he visited the North he went back home carrying two of three pounds of plaster of Paris about a wing or leg,and I mean every time, Johnny's accident proneness is still spoken of when the Munro Clan get together, near sixty years later.
Me? one has swanned through lfe virtually intact,no stitches,only one broken ankle and one sprained wrist,ye I went through the same tree climbing falling down stairs tripping over things running about like a loon that Bro and Cuz did but one always leaped up unharmed,one was never a clumsy child but neither was Bro Draper of Cuz Johnny.
Of course one explanation is some hidden power selects some of us at birth and looks out for us because we are special,we are the chosen ones.:E
Ere Mr Davaar this thread is not particularly aimed at you,just the idea sprung from your thread
.:)

Sirikit
31st Aug 2010, 20:54
I am a perv magnet.:{

11Fan
31st Aug 2010, 21:00
I am a perv magnet

And you mention it here?

RJM
31st Aug 2010, 21:06
I often ... ow! Sh*t, just a minute ... ouch, this is bleeding ... back in a sec ...

Sirikit
31st Aug 2010, 21:15
11Fan - And you mention it here?

Twas all by accident...!:O:E:}:p

green granite
31st Aug 2010, 21:18
A fellow service engineer was definitely accident prone, 3 car accidents in 2 years none his fault. No1, driving along and someone turns right in front of him ...........crunch. No2, pulls up at a T junction another car rear ends him into the side of a bus.......... crunch. No3 leaves his car outside a pub, 10mins later a great squeal of brakes, ................crunch, a lorry had driven straight into it. 3 weeks later he fell down the companionway in his boat and broke his wrist. He died of a heart attack at 45.

goudie
31st Aug 2010, 21:28
I don't believe in accidents but have a strong belief in preordained destiny.

It's nowt to do with anything religious either

What is to be...........................

SoundBarrier
31st Aug 2010, 21:38
I am a perv magnet.
what do you expect skirit, when you're "bent over the kitchen sink" :}

SLF
31st Aug 2010, 21:43
Hmmm, I extend the accident-prone theory to encompass "bad luck magnet" - I know a few of those...

bnt
31st Aug 2010, 23:48
I'm generally OK, but I rearranged my bedroom last week, and over the next few days I managed to stub my toes on the divan several times. Familiarity breeds safety, it seems.