PDA

View Full Version : PMs -- slow replies

Davaar
31st Aug 2010, 16:42
One presents apologies -- owes a few replies to PMs, but may be slow.

Yesterday one fell down the stairs at Schloss Davaar and broke the right arm. Carted off comatose per ambulance, thanks to alert neighbours. The arm apart, one closely resembles a raccoon. Despite tough little guy protestations that one is Okay, really, Fraeulein Davaar announces that she is coming home to "make sure". Ah! These daughters!

tony draper
31st Aug 2010, 16:52
Oh dear,sorry to hear that Mr Davaar,still one must be philosophical if one has fo break summat the arm is preferable to the leg,one can still get about with a arm in plaster.
I myself have managed to get through life thus far with only a broken ankle and not much in the way of scare tissue,one ascribes this to being lucky,one is a great believer in luck.
:)

Rather be Gardening
31st Aug 2010, 16:58
Trabbforce to Davaar's arm, full power please!

http://abc4all.net/prism.jpg

rgbrock1
31st Aug 2010, 16:58
Davaar:

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, sir. May you have a speedy recovery.
And that is very kind of Frauelein Davaar to come home to care for her Dad. :ok:

Juud
31st Aug 2010, 17:21
http://www.libraries.iub.edu/secure/images/libraryPhotos/C_102/brokenarm.jpg

Gute Besserung Davaar!

pigboat
31st Aug 2010, 17:38
Speedy recovery my friend.

lasernigel
31st Aug 2010, 17:58
Get well soon Davaar:ok:

11Fan
31st Aug 2010, 18:16
Get well soon.

unstable load
31st Aug 2010, 18:29
Speedy recovery, Davaar!!

Foxy Loxy
31st Aug 2010, 18:49
Davaar,
Never nice being carted off by ambulance when you're on your own in the house...
Best wishes for a good recovery.

:ok:

singaporegirl
31st Aug 2010, 18:50
Wishing you a speedy recovery, Mr Davaar. Rocky is on her way with a bunch of peeled grapes.

She can also take dictation, if that's any help, though she's still a little slow while she gets used to her iPad.

flyblue
31st Aug 2010, 18:52
Get well soon Davaar, and take it as an opportunity to practice one-finger typing :ok:

green granite
31st Aug 2010, 19:01
Also wishing you a speedy recovery, Mr Davaar, also, you now have something in common with Mr SP. :ok:

redsnail
31st Aug 2010, 19:03
OOoh ow Davaar. I hope you get some quality rest and your arm heals quickly. :ok:

Firestorm
31st Aug 2010, 19:08
Speedy recovery Davaar!

OFSO
31st Aug 2010, 19:16
Sorry to hear that - get well soon ! Maybe try magnets ?

ShyTorque
31st Aug 2010, 19:22
Davaar, how terribly unfortunate, my sincere condolences. Do get well soon.

Silly old sod... :E

Cardinal Puff
31st Aug 2010, 19:55
Hang in there, Herr Oberst. If'n your chancre mechanic is a Saffer (Canuckistan is apparently infested with them) get 'em to slip you a chunk of biltong to aid the healing process.

All the best...

Loose rivets
31st Aug 2010, 20:12
If only you'd been wearing the hat with a propeller on the top!!

Fully fine! and just before impact, Fully coarse!!

And to think there's a thread about accident proneness.:confused:

Get into super-healing mode right away.

LR

Sallyann1234
31st Aug 2010, 20:54
One more to go - then you will be totally 'armless.

Stockpicker
31st Aug 2010, 21:13
Please do get well very soon, Davaar.

Hugs (but only to non-hurty parts of the anatomy!). :)

bnt
31st Aug 2010, 22:43
If you're having trouble typing, there's a free program I've used before that lets you enter text with a mouse: Dasher (http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/dasher/). It's not a virtual keyboard, you use the mouse to "aim" at letters and words. It's easier to use than to explain. :8

http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/dasher/images/largedasher.gif

Keef
31st Aug 2010, 22:54
Mortified to hear that, I am. You didn't need to take the instruction quite so literally :boohoo:

G-CPTN
31st Aug 2010, 23:01
It's easier to use than to explain.
Not by me . . . :ugh:

Davaar
1st Sep 2010, 14:14
Many thanks for all the kind good wishes. The "one-finger one-elbow" typing is tedious but a blessing for the readership, I suppose.

Radar66
1st Sep 2010, 16:36
Please may I belatedly add myself to the list of wishers?

Mac the Knife
1st Sep 2010, 17:20
My Dear Marchbanks,

Trust you will soon be well enough to attend to your furnace.

Best wishes

Gaston Lemmerdeur

mustpost
1st Sep 2010, 18:45
Hi, sorry to hear this, can I add to the wishes here..

Mac :ok:

bugg smasher
1st Sep 2010, 22:47
Also wishing you a speedy recovery Mr D.

I believe you are in good company; one of the brothers Wright suffered a similar injury on his way to fame and fortune, although I am reasonably certain, the Schloss parapet was not the chosen launch point.

angels
2nd Sep 2010, 07:02
Only just seen this. My commiserations sir.

Whilst recuperating, why not put the old grey matter to work?

Of all people, you are the one who should work out how to successfully sue someone for what has happened. I realise that you were on your own when the incident took place (not accident), but even I know ways around that one.

The housebuilder? The carpet layer? Your housekeeper?

Otherwise, hope the healing process is fast. :ok:

Blacksheep
2nd Sep 2010, 07:12
I wish you a speedy recovery Sir! When I broke my wrist some years ago I asked the Doc if I'd be able to play the piano after it healed and he said I would. But he was wrong, I still can't play the damned thing. It is my sincere wish that you have better luck. ;)

G-CPTN
2nd Sep 2010, 12:14
But can you swim and ride a bike?

tony draper
2nd Sep 2010, 12:23
I think the greatest medical advance in my day was one could sign one's own sick note.
:E

Seldomfitforpurpose
2nd Sep 2010, 12:30
Hope you heal quick and also hope you are left handed as broken right arm for a right hander causes real issues for everything from the the table to the toilet :eek: