PDA

View Full Version : Hour building USA, anyone used these guys??

ricky81 sti
31st Aug 2010, 15:45
In the process of getting my FAA piggyback licence sorted out at the minute with the intention of going hourbuilding in October. I have thought about using air America flight centre Air America Flight Center, LLC - The Leading Flight School and Aircraft Rental Center in Daytona Beach, Florida (http://www.airamericafc.com) and just wondered if anyone on here has used them or has heard anything about them?

Thanks.

SVENSK
31st Aug 2010, 17:49
Never heard of them mate...however, I would recommend that you consider hr building at a school with large fleet of airplanes. In case one breaks or goes down for maintainance you're still good to go, especially if you're pressed for time.

Good Luck SVENSK!

Patrick Murphy
31st Aug 2010, 18:00
In the same area of Florida as Air America is Sunrise Aviation at the Ormond Beach Municipal Airport (7 nm north of Daytona Beach International). They have a fleet of nearly 30 C152s allowing for good availability. They also have a new fleet of G1000 C172s. Welcome to Sunrise Aviation! (http://www.flysunrise.com)

stupix
1st Sep 2010, 03:00
i am currently living in Miami and starting my hour building after getting my piggy back Faa.
I have found a great place in Miami with good aircraft, and also Naples are pretty good.
If you are interested in splitting the cost and building some hours whilst doing some touring send me a message as I would be happy to share costs to do it.
I also have a spare room at my apartment in Miami beach.
The place here has C172's with full glass cockpit for $120 an hour virtually brand new aircraft, i am currently doing my Faa Instrument with them.
let me know if you're interested.
stu

BigGrecian
22nd Sep 2010, 00:21
I also need to bui;ld hours however they dont need to be P1 so basiclly I would subsidise your flying time so I can log P2 hours the cost per hour is 65 Euros.

That's illegal.

Only one person can log the flight time unless there is an instructor on board and they're logging the time and the student is logging dual.

worldpilot
14th Oct 2010, 19:40
stupix,

Is the 120$ rate wet? I would be interested to rent 50 hrs for that amount.

WP

tornadogr4
16th Oct 2010, 03:45
ok heres the deal with hour logging. im doing my FAA CPL/ME/IR with a different school. 2 people can log time in the plane provided both pilots are wearing IFR hoods. one logs P1 time whilst the other logs safety pilot time. switch half way through the PICs and do the same again....i think thats the deal anyway. thats what our time builders do!

INNflight
16th Oct 2010, 09:49
ok heres the deal with hour logging. im doing my FAA CPL/ME/IR with a different school. 2 people can log time in the plane provided both pilots are wearing IFR hoods. one logs P1 time whilst the other logs safety pilot time. switch half way through the PICs and do the same again....i think thats the deal anyway. thats what our time builders do!

You are off here!!!

Under FAA, the PIC and the safety pilot can log flight time IF ONE wears the IFR hood, NOT BOTH!!!

The whole point of having a safety pilot is to have him look outside.

As for JAA licenses (I have both, FAA and JAA), your hours logged as safety pilot under FAA

WILL

NOT

COUNT

towards your European license!!!

I can't believe how people just go out throwing money at something without even knowing the rules! :*

Uncle Wiggily
16th Oct 2010, 18:44
So all those hours I logged in the back seat don't count?

Pitch+Power
18th Oct 2010, 20:36
provided both pilots are wearing IFR hoods

brilliant

:ugh:

gooneydog
18th Oct 2010, 21:24
Anyone time building in Daytona last 2 weeks in Dec needing a free safety pilot (ATP) message me

stupix
2nd Dec 2010, 16:07
yes thats wet rate

davie7ee
4th Apr 2011, 14:53
It is funny how people say the hours will not work and they will not be counted..........I used to teach at schools around Daytona and it happens all the time and works!!!!!!

You are better off doing some training than flying up and down the coast of FL for a few weeks to build hours. This is a ridiculous way to build hours as it does nothing for you, well apart from teaching you bad habits!

madmal
4th Apr 2011, 20:40
Hi guys
I am an ATP student living in Ireland. I am due to sit the last of my JAA ATPL exams in Feb 2012 and all going well will progress on to the CPL course once they are completed. I do however, not have the full compliment of P1 time that is needed. In fact I am approx 40 hours short of the min 100 required to start the CPL course. Over the next few months, I will complete some of this shortfall in Ireland, but am considering going to Orlando in sep / oct for two weeks to build the remainder. I am looking for somebody in a similar position who would be interested in travelling with me to share P1 time on a block of hours. What I am proposing is to buy a 50 hour block, split them 25 / 25 P1 each and fly them together. It would make it more interesting to have someone with me to fly together, another pair of eyes in the cockpit and split the costs. I have accommodation sorted already so this would not be a problem. Is anybody aware of any restrictions in terms of this proposal? I am considering Florida flyers and Sunstate aviation but would appreciate any feedback / suggestions. If anybody is interested in joining me, please PM me.

Thanks guys

cefey
4th Apr 2011, 23:37
Im going soon to do JAA fATPL.
And concidering to do "fly-trip" around US.

Friends of mine been at thats school and was VERY happy with them. Good aircrafts, very nice prices.
Most likely Im gonna go with them as well.
Flight Training - Multi Engine Time Building Programs - Aviator Flight Training College (http://www.aviator.edu/home/flight-training-programs/multi-engine-time-building-programs.aspx)

That prices include fuel if you refuel at base. If you refuel abroad, you get only like 2$ a galon back.

BigGrecian
5th Apr 2011, 11:51
It is funny how people say the hours will not work and they will not be counted..........I used to teach at schools around Daytona and it happens all the time and works!!!!!!

You are better off doing some training than flying up and down the coast of FL for a few weeks to build hours. This is a ridiculous way to build hours as it does nothing for you, well apart from teaching you bad habits!

You location shows as the USA.

This forum is 98% European and the stupidity of 91.109 does not apply to the logging of JAA flight time. This has been covered many times before on this forum and there are many pilots who have fallen foul of this and had their hours and subsuquent CPL training disallowed.