PDA

View Full Version : Iphone 4

beerdrinker
31st Aug 2010, 11:30
I want an Iphone 4, but I also want to use it in 3 European Countries on a regular basis.

With normal phones I have a sim card for each country and an account in each country so I am not charged outrageous roaming charges.

I would like to be able to do the same with a Iphone (and again miss outrageous roaming charges - this time data roaming)

Is it possible? I believe that Apple now sell "unlocked" Iphones.

Are the sim cards in an Iphone the same as in a regular mobile?

Many thanks

BD

Mike-Bracknell
31st Aug 2010, 13:38
French law dictates that a mobile phone manufacturer has to sell an unlocked version of their handsets there :)

As far as the SIM goes, IIRC it's a mini SIM? but definitely not "abnormal" - i.e. you should be able to get one from any reputable service provider.

hellsbrink
31st Aug 2010, 19:25
French law dictates that a mobile phone manufacturer has to sell an unlocked version of their handsets there

Same applies here, all handsets are simlock free.

MacBoero
31st Aug 2010, 21:34
iPhone uses microSIM...

O2 | iPhone 4 Micro Sim| Introducing the new Micro Sim (http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/micro-sims.html)

Aerouk
31st Aug 2010, 23:32
Apple sell unlocked iPhones on their website and they cost £499+ they do require Micro SIM cards which is basically just the chip from a SIM card without all of the other material around it.

call100
1st Sep 2010, 00:51
It is very easy to cut down a standard sim...If you want a contranct phone O2 will unlock the iPhone for free or charge you £15 on a PAYG offering....