PDA

View Full Version : A&P Prep Courses

John__
31st Aug 2010, 07:03
Hi Guys,

Can anyone here recommend a school in the US to do an A&P Prep Course. I am an Aussie LAME and have already got me FAA autorisation to sit the A&P. I have searched the internet and found alot of school, but i was hoping some of the US based mechanics here could recommend one of the better courses.

Thanks in advance!

VillWill
31st Aug 2010, 18:37
Just sent you a PM about the place i did mine at.

John__
1st Sep 2010, 02:05
Thanks!

Can any other US based guys point me in the right direction?

Cheers

John

BACMAN
1st Sep 2010, 06:21
Just get the question and answer books, sit by a pool for two weeks, take the exam, worked for me

WOTME?
1st Sep 2010, 11:23
As bacman says,learn it parrot fashion.I went to a school but the only real help they gave me was on tips for the oral/practical.After one day in the classroom I got fed up with the interruptions so studied in my hotel room until I felt I was ready for the exam.

Hey BACMAN,I passed through Seeb earlier this year & saw 553 taking off.They still flying?
I took 553 to Lovaux at Hurn a couple of times in the early '90's for it's annual.

alyami.b
3rd Sep 2010, 13:49
Do foreign student need FAA authorization or TSA clearance to study in the U.S in one of the approved maintenance schools ?

wingedspanner
5th Sep 2010, 14:15
John,

Try American Airman, Long Is.NY. 7 days of jam and cram questions / answers. walk out with your A&P. But must go there ready to sit ur General exam on the first day.

John__
5th Sep 2010, 20:15
Thanks wingedspanner. I have seen them on the internet and they do look quite good. Is the course worth the money? Or am i just better off self studying and sitting the exams?

Also is there any other schools worthwhile on East Coast USA?

Thanks

John

wingedspanner
9th Sep 2010, 10:42
John,

For the 3 multi choice exams, there is a CD program on the market that covers all of the Questions / Answers. The CD can be set to exam mode, and test you as per the FAA's exam. The school uses a similar program. Once ur practice score is above the passing grade, you immediatelysit the real exam on the spot. No time for 'leakage'.
Where is school is ahead of self study is the practical side. They arrange and know the FAA inspector who will conduct your practical exam, therefore can prepare you better for this.
If you need ur A&P quickly, the money is well spent. Just one week of cramming.