PDA

View Full Version : what to do with all the excess new pilots when the ME bubble bursts completely?

kinteafrokunta
30th Aug 2010, 02:07
The upsurge in aircraft purchases and new launches of new LCCs have led to a dramatic increase of a lot of newbies all diving in. Many are looking for quick upgrades and many with dodgy hours and ratings. What will happen when the this aviation industry bubble burst ( I am very sure it will! )? The market will be flooded and swarmed with people with all the latest ratings on the shiny jets; how are the veterans in legacy carriers going to deal with erosions of T & Cs as the newbies start to accept peanuts ?

skysod
30th Aug 2010, 08:04
Troll.............:)

Gulfstreamaviator
30th Aug 2010, 08:38
How many new airports are either build, almost built or being built.

How many LCC are there, "currently" in existance.

How many shinny new toys have been ordered.

How many crew accomodation units have been built.

How many Flight Deck crews will be needed, and what will be the typical level of experience.

Questions:

Who is funding these developments. Mr B asnd Mr A are covering the aircraft, and hope that the ME coffers do not run dry. Mr A and Mr B need to keep the production lines open, and obtain directly or indirectly subsidy from their respective Governments.

Which bank will pour money into UAE Ltd, and be bitten again.
UAE Ltd, is the Ruling Family, and not a select collection of independant PLC / LTD companies.

There is no established corporate independant structure, regardless of what the Gulf News claims.

The accomodation units, ie hotels, villas, tower blocks, under construction in the UAE, (mostly Dubai and Abu Dhabi) are at very low occupancy.

There was a very interesting discussion in the trade press, that made the local press, which discussed the severe over capacity of airports and aircraft in the UAE, whic concluded that some carriers would close.

Where will the crews come from.

Assuming the road shows pull in the UK LCC crews, what will they do.???
Remember only 15% or so of the population are Emiraties, and should there be any "world event", that encourages the return of the expats, then the UAE, will close, and the lights go off.

Of the remaining 85% of the population perhaps 75% are living on subsistance wages in ghetto accomodation. OK, some more acceptable labour camps have been built). 4 or even 8 to a room.

Just my fils worth, but the original poster is right.
It is not just the crews who will suffer, it is actually a very large proportion of the worlds population.

glf

mona lot
30th Aug 2010, 11:04
Who cares? I'll be retired when that happens.:ok:

Zeflo27
30th Aug 2010, 14:00
Every man for himself.

fatbus
30th Aug 2010, 14:26
Mona Lot 2 things 1- im with you on the retire bit and 2 great user name, had a good laugh , thanks

troff
30th Aug 2010, 14:38
...and with Mexicana going mams-up there will be a flood of sombreos coming to town, no doubt.

Payscale
31st Aug 2010, 08:13
The majority of traffic is transit, so doesnt really matter what happens to the city of dubai. Its the operating cost and no onions:uhoh: that makes EK an success. A good trade off for a secure job imho

glock320
31st Aug 2010, 21:21
all are going to China now ,its the next meca for pilots.

White Knight
31st Aug 2010, 21:24
all are going to China now ,its the next meca for pilots.

Well, not all:hmm: If you can live in China, by all means... But fried rat and rice isn't my idea of a good meal:ok:

Instant Hooligan
1st Sep 2010, 03:39
Wk, So you've tried it then.......!!!! :E:E:E lol

7Q Off
1st Sep 2010, 03:51
try some ketchup on the fried rat, may taste better. :E:E:E:E:E

amberman
1st Sep 2010, 06:01
Deep fried, it tastes like chicken ;)

datogu al MONA
14th Sep 2010, 04:51
Send them fob to KAL......the koreans seem to keep on taking all manners of riff raffs from the world over. Great commuting contract with loads of funny smelling b.o girls and guys around.

nolimitholdem
14th Sep 2010, 12:44
Turned you down did they?

Frenk Boreman
15th Sep 2010, 23:29
Send them fob to KAL......the koreans seem to keep on taking all manners of riff raffs from the world over. Great commuting contract with loads of funny smelling b.o girls and guys around.

ha ha, looks like KAL has not clean up its act completely! All manners of riff raffs; well when I was there there were quite a few+ several CV fakers. B.O..........well, let's say you don't wanna be stuck in an elevator with a few of these kimchi guys! It can be very tough on your olfactory organs!!!

datogu al MONA
28th Sep 2010, 18:47
Turned down? Nah....too old to apply. Gripe was they turned down a few younger former f/os of mine. Maybe I can recommend you to them;)