PDA

View Full Version : Replacement CAAC validation?

jetopa
29th Aug 2010, 22:03
I got my CAAC validation not so long ago, but the problem is: the company for which I did all this is in possession of the certificate - and they're about to go south.:ugh:

Goes anybody know how my chances are to get a replacement out of the CAAC in Beijing? Thanks for your replies!:ok:

Jbroey3
30th Aug 2010, 07:51
Go directly to the authority that is responsible for the handling of your CAAC validation, ie, the local CAAC authority that handles / has jurisdiction over your company.

For example ask someone at your company what authority / branch of the CAAC (like Huabei, Dongbei, Huadong etc) has controls / has jurisdiction over your company and then talk directly to the "Flight Standards Department" of that CAAC branch.

jetopa
30th Aug 2010, 15:46
I (= the company which I was flying for) got it from the appropriate office in Beijing - I never saw it myself. Now this company has ceased to operate, apparently due to financial 'challenges' (lots of unpaid bills), and I would like to have 'my' validation.

Thanks for your reply, Jbroey3!

Fareastdriver
30th Aug 2010, 18:20
I have a horrible feeling that the CAAC issues validations only to employees of Chinese companies. If your company has folded there is nobody to sponser you unless you get a job with another operator. They can then pick up the pieces for you.

jetopa
2nd Sep 2010, 13:07
So no hope for me to get my hands on the validation...? Is there any way I can contact the CAAC directly and explain why my paper is gone (= company out of business)? Suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!:ok:

Fareastdriver
2nd Sep 2010, 19:05
Ther is still no way that they can send your validation to anybody. Your licence paperwork is held by an operator who employs you. Remember that you are a foreigner trying to work in China. You have no right to get their licences or suchlike unless you are required by a Chinese company. They will then do the neccessary to make you legal. You company has folded so you will have to find another company to employ you and start it all over again.

End of Story

Inigo Montoya
3rd Sep 2010, 03:58
In addition to the problems with the validation from your previous company, I hope you have the "medical booklet" and records from your previous medicals. I'm not 100% positive, but was told previously if the booklet is lost, you have to start everything over again. More hassle. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Jbroey3
3rd Sep 2010, 08:05
If you lose your medical booklet (not the actual paper certificate), yes you will be required to re-take all the "initial" medical tests required to get the medical.

The new company that you join will get a new booklet and you'll go do the two medicals (the visa medical) + ( aviation medical) etc

the visa medical can be waived if you have your medical accomplished abroad prior to arrival to China and stamped / signed / certified by the Chinese Embassy / Consulate in your country/ state etc.

Losing the medical is NOT the end all be all of problems, it is just more time consuming to have to RE-do everything AND get the entire thing certified (all of which you won't see).. the CAAC medical doctor / CAAC branch will handle that.

Additional: As you join a new company, they may wind up just giving you a new booklet anyhow to start "fresh" etc.

jetopa
3rd Sep 2010, 08:07
Thanks for your reply, Fareastdriver! I was hoping for something for a more favorable outcome. I will have to publish the details of this company later on so nobody walks into the same trap as I did.