Cacophonix
29th Aug 2010, 21:08
And the moribund.

Discuss in 150 words or less.

NF

sea oxen
29th Aug 2010, 21:33
Glad to join you.

I lost my mind some eleven years ago. No one has come forward saying he has it, so there it is. It might show up one day, although I doubt its value - not the stuff of Sotherby's or Christies.

Mind you, one of my friends who stuck to it and became a distinguished surgeon has completely lost it. Poor devil has no idea of what it has done to his family.

Oh, and it's 150 words or fewer. :)

SO

RJM
29th Aug 2010, 21:35
And it's Sotheby's. :8

niknak
29th Aug 2010, 21:38
I am not retired, nor, as far as I know, am I mad.
Although I do know a chap who, upon his release from a "facility" some 20 years ago was given a letter confirming that he was fit to "re enter the community". He the used to carry it with him and use it as an introduction to reassure the laydees he was OK.
It didn't get him very far but it was amusing to watch.

sea oxen
29th Aug 2010, 21:41
RJM

Bugger. It was either that or Christy's.

SO

shedhead
29th Aug 2010, 22:50
Mad? No... slightly upset maybe but rarely mad.

ShyTorque
29th Aug 2010, 23:15
I'm only here because I can't abide The X-Factor. Neep neep, wibble! :\

RJM
30th Aug 2010, 03:24
People are steering clear of this one!

Loose rivets
30th Aug 2010, 04:37
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/walnaze/Mybrainhurts.jpg

Well, it was in the bucket anyway. An yes, that is me, somewhat elongated by the wag - and former professional photographer - that runs the Walton on Naze archives.

OFSO
30th Aug 2010, 07:14
The question is: does one end up on JB because one is mad, or does being on JP confer madness upon one ? I think we should be bold !

Sorry, told.

Standard Noise
30th Aug 2010, 07:56
Is that picture Lembit Toothpick, the mad ex Dim Leb MP and former Cheeky Girl botherer? That's mad that is.

Evening Star
30th Aug 2010, 10:06
And the moribund.

Discuss in 150 words or less.

NF

Quite agree.

[Two words, well less than my 150 word allocation. Do I get a prize?]

lasernigel
30th Aug 2010, 10:19
Dogs are generally believed to have the intelligence of a two- or three-year-old kid. They are able to learn and understand around 150 words.

There yer go ask Mr D's SWH.:ok: I'd ask mine but she's a bitch and nearly blonde!

sea oxen
30th Aug 2010, 10:25
lasernigel

That makes two of us.

SO

Lon More
30th Aug 2010, 11:33
v/hnzHtm1jhL4?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ancient Observer
30th Aug 2010, 11:41
Some of the contributions are, of course, quite mad. Some days I think "I'm not reading that idiot again, he's quite mad".
..................It's a bit like reading the Guardian, aka Grauniad, I guess.

Loose rivets
30th Aug 2010, 11:49
In the dead of night I wonder if it's all real. PpruNe, that is . . . is it really there?

Maybe it's like the scene in Beautiful mind, and if we could see the reality, we'd suddenly find our dens were an old shed, with an old 9" telly in the corner, and we have imagined computer development and all the things that go with it.

Ancient Observer
30th Aug 2010, 12:11
It's all in the mind. First Avenue, Second Avenue and Third Avenue don't exist. Sometimes in my mind, tho' Louise Close does exist.

rgbrock1
30th Aug 2010, 13:34
Being mad, or insane, presupposes having a brain I suppose.

I have no brain therefore, I am.

But, I am not a number. I'm a freeeee maaaaannnn.

Rumpelstiltskin? Or Mary Poppins?

Jack be nimble, jack be quick. Otherwise he'll burn his d**k on a candlestick.

Four-score and seven years ago.

Helman's mayonnaise. Spreads nicely.

Ancient Observer
30th Aug 2010, 17:23
I'll have a pint of whatever rgb's drinking..............

rgbrock1
30th Aug 2010, 17:27
Ancient:

That which goes on in this brain cannot be triggered by anything which comes in a pint.
It's all natural! Somehow I think my synapses misfire at times. At other times I don't think I have any synapses. Nothing to do with drink!

London Bridge is falling down... falling down... falling down....

Apple juice is good for what ails ya.

Who's that guy with the meat cleaver heading my way? Oh no.

Auggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Lon More
30th Aug 2010, 19:37
Helman's mayonnaise. if he eats that stuff he must be

tony draper
30th Aug 2010, 19:42
Tiz said the line betwixt genius and insanity is very thin.:uhoh:

TerminalTrotter
30th Aug 2010, 19:50
I must be better at walking the line than Johnny Cash, then. Mind you, I never managed to fall on the genius side, so maybe I fell on the other side a long time ago, but didn't notice. worrying, or would be if I wasn't spending so much time being a teapot.

TT

vulcanised
30th Aug 2010, 19:56
I am a curtain.

Must pull myself together.

rgbrock1
30th Aug 2010, 19:59
I'm a little teapot
short and stout,
Here is my handle
Here is my spout
When I get all steamed up
Hear me shout (toot-toot)
Tip me over and pour me out (gurgle gurgle)

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/62Oe0hAb4CqL1iheJ_MGlhuwvonDyELtVooYG6o8sSWt39ijsbWrMEMSUy2D KSHsAjhBz2coLNoinQEVFXkXOmP2F1FquOZ6nj3HL7Bvwpay1GZq2CHC4x5U r8igXdstQpsIWjHWHrZ6FwosgUhYcCtY8rHBOYpiyQ

:ok:

<because a mind is a terrible thing>

arcniz
30th Aug 2010, 22:27
Twould seem the elderly & retired ones may not be so reliably mad as the premise might demand. With the passing years and sedimenting lobes of age surely come abnormal trucs and deficits of the personality, so also the occasional - and possibly increasingly frequent and embarassing - unintended lapses into cogency and coherence.

Lon More
30th Aug 2010, 22:38
a thought; maybe they are the normal ones?

RiskyRossco
30th Aug 2010, 22:49
Insanity is only a state of mind.
'Sides, who's to say what is normality?
The tinfoil hat works. though, another brilliant PPrune idea. The voices have hardly bothered me since, about the deplorable lack of crop circles.
And I didn't bat one eyelid at FSL's 'basement man' episodes.

Am I a stranger in a strange land or is 'land' a concept diametrically opposed to reality in PPrune-space? (With a nod to Robert A. Heinlein.)
Even though I can't see it do I believe others that I have a head?
Do my previous p*sts prove my existential existence or are they merely epitomistic blazes of the not-me?

Why is there bellybutton lint? I've only ever found answers to these and other universal questions in Pprune.
Retirement, by inference of the myriad questions yet to find answers, is not an option.
Depression, it is said, is merely anger without enthusiasm. I challenge anyone with two neurones still working in sync to remain depressed after reading two pages of JB.

Cardinal Puff
31st Aug 2010, 07:53
Hah!

JB is a haven of sanity in comparison to that which infests the chemtrails sites. The ramparts of Castle Moonbat remain impregnable with that lot in charge.

answer=42
31st Aug 2010, 08:48
Ladies, Gentlemen, please. One does not use the word 'mad' any more. The politically correct phrase is 'sanity challenged', as applicable, for example, to Michael Gove (http://www.michaelgove.com/).

ThreadBaron
31st Aug 2010, 09:08
I post, therefore I am.

Synaptic storms and event pulses, that's all it is really.

Storminnorm
31st Aug 2010, 11:01
Synaptic Tornados in some cases round here.

tony draper
31st Aug 2010, 12:33
Without gaps Snapses are just so much meat.:)

Cacophonix
31st Aug 2010, 23:35
I'd happily retire here. Nobody to blither on about Normal Law. Just basically nice people.

Pugilistic Animus
1st Sep 2010, 02:54
Barnstormers, crazies and fools..just the way it is supposed to be...and I'm far from ready for retirement:}

ORAC
1st Sep 2010, 07:33
All the world is mad save me and thee; and sometimes I wonder about thee.

Donkey497
1st Sep 2010, 13:09
...a retirement home for the mad

Some of us still have to earn a daily crust. We may just be the ones you should really be worrying about..........:E:(:eek::uhoh:

Storminnorm
1st Sep 2010, 13:21
Upon reflection of the years gone by, the only
game I was ever good at was Crazy Golf.
There may be a good indication of my personality
in there somewhere??

Donkey, It's no use us being worried now. Too late you see.
YOU should have been worried when WE were out there in
the population on our own.
But you didn't know that at the time, did you??

Donkey497
1st Sep 2010, 13:32
Oh, we were observing you closely, and we have learned.

Soon the tin foil will become inadequate, soon the penguins of wrath will be seen and the marmosets will take charge.

Blacksheep
1st Sep 2010, 14:06
But I haven't retired yet. :confused:

Evening Star
3rd Sep 2010, 12:52
Some of us still have to earn a daily crust. We may just be the ones you should really be worrying about..........:E:(:eek::uhoh:

Actually, in my line of work a smudge of insanity is a positive asset.

Shame I have more than a smudge ...:\

Storminnorm
3rd Sep 2010, 13:21
Would that be a "Splash" or a "Dollop?"