PDA

View Full Version : bmi Future Recruitment?

maxalphaboy
29th Aug 2010, 13:58
Just wondered if anyone who is in the know at bmi, can inform me if there are any plans in the future for recruitment, I know that there last intake was quite some time ago?

Would be interested to hear any feedback about there plans, positive or negative?

MAB :ok:

norton2005
29th Aug 2010, 15:51
Don't know about future plans exactly but they did make a load of guys redundant back in march which they are planning on bringing back at some point next year. So maybe that will take priority before going external.

Max Angle
29th Aug 2010, 20:30
From what I hear it looks like we will be starting to ask people back in October. Not sure how many will come however, the people at Easy will come back for sure, that is why they went there instead of the sandpit, but I can't see those who did venture East returning in a hurry. We also have a few people still swimming in the pool but (and this is an educated guess, I am not involved in anyway) I can see some recruitment early next year. Lets hope that its not just those who shelled out a fortune for line training with us who get a look in.

Oily pressure
7th Sep 2010, 14:54
I would suggest that regional will be first to recruit. They have lost 8 in the last 6 months. Doesn't sound like much but it is 5% of the work force. Apparently 6 more have just handed in thier notices and there are more waiting in the wings (at least 4). Mostly off to the sandy place.

tonyic7
14th Sep 2010, 12:41
I've been swimming in the pool since Aug 2007 and have heard the same as above. Oct / Nov for asking back the peeps who were made redundant, if still short, then maybe from the pool?? I'm not getting my hopes up yet, however, from reading the news on what bmi have done / are doing, i'm beginning to believe that Lufthansa really are making a difference. From my last calculations, I think there are approx 12 in the pool. How many would still be interested????? I don't know. Fingers crossed though!

J4007
15th Sep 2010, 15:01
I too am in the hold pool and very very very much still interested. I ve crossed my fingers and everyone in my family is praying....works every time!

Dan 98
15th Sep 2010, 18:37
Is this for Regional or Mainline?

There might be a few Ex-Baby pilots too before the pool gets emptied!

tonyic7
15th Sep 2010, 19:47
Mainline holdpool for me too. I've done all the praying as well, after re-mortgaging and getting into debt I'm due some luck!

Firestorm
16th Sep 2010, 06:56
I don't think that hold pools exist anymore at any airline. BMI has a number of pilots at Easy Jet who have an option to return to BMI before the company takes any new people from anywhere.

Wodka
16th Sep 2010, 09:02
Yep agree with Firestorm, had heard that the pool didn't exist anymore. Although i'm sure bmi would have informed the guys swimming of that - unless the original assessment was only valid for a year?

Deep and fast
16th Sep 2010, 09:57
bmi aren't good at staff communication, so people in the pool would have no chance!

But they don't work you to death either!

D and F :hmm:

J4007
16th Sep 2010, 10:22
I am in the mainline holdpool, as of June 2010 it was still going, I hope you lot are wrong and it hasn't been deleted without our knowledge........very interesting!! Any one brave enough to check? I'm not:sad:

acbus1
19th Sep 2010, 06:31
Just wondered if anyone who is in the know at bmi, can inform me if there are any plans in the future..

Hilarious! :}

Kempus
28th Sep 2010, 14:16
So.......................

Who's thinking of jumping ship to BA?

At my sim check way back when, speaking to some pilots they say that bmi always seems to lose pilots to BA when they recruit.

With some of the guys laid off at the turn of the year enjoying themselves too much in oil rich states, does anyone want to place a quid on the table regarding some movement in the industry and some fresh recruitment?

Kempus

Nubboy
28th Sep 2010, 15:28
Crew room gossip has it some in the sandpit have maintained regular contact to make sure the're on the radar IF there's ever any movement.

Firestorm
29th Sep 2010, 07:04
J4007. It would be quite characteristic of BMI to dissolve the pool, but not to tell anyone such as the people in the pool or the people administering it. Effective communication is not a corporate strength.

Nubboy
29th Sep 2010, 08:32
Hmmmmm.......

Knowing the main man for recruitment, I have only the highest regard for him as a person and what he tries to do for the pilot workforce, past present or future.

He's only able to work within parameters set down from above, but being sneaky and underhand are definitely NOT part of his character.

Lex Luthor
29th Sep 2010, 09:38
I don't post on here so often, but to add some balance to Firestorms comments above.....

On a corporate level, sure, they are still not good at communicating (getting better). However, none of that reflects on the man in charge of pilot recruitment, who in my experience is a very fair and honest. From conversations with him, I know he is doing his best for those employed at the moment, those who were forced out and those trying to join - subject to the powers that be.

skip.rat
29th Sep 2010, 16:58
Agree with above;-
I can measure my time with bmi in decades & the person mentioned above is the first decent manager (in the true sense of the word) that I have seen since I joined.

acbus1
3rd Oct 2010, 08:57
The chap's initials would be useful.

I might even agree, for a change. :}

I counted only two good and competent blokes in pilot management during my time. Interesting that they were both exceptional pilots, too. Also interesting that one was set-up, found guilty without a chance to prove innocence and relegated to a menial desk position. The other eventually left in disgust at the whole shambles.

Simon150
30th Oct 2010, 21:00
Does anybody know if Capt' Tim Berry is still the Ops Manager at baby?

thanks all

Napkin Rash
2nd Nov 2010, 06:57
Just a short note to all those in the hold pool. I don't know much about future recruitment but I know they haven't disbanded the holdpool. Without overdoing the praise too much I agree with the threads about our manager. He is extremely fair and approachable. We are short at the moment but waiting for some guys to come back. By all accounts we have turned the corner financially (?) so who knows. Good Luck.