PDA

View Full Version : Being banned for defending a valid POV

mensaboy
28th Aug 2010, 12:49
EGGW,

I am a little in shock that you have elected to 'ban' me from posting a response to the likes of Oblaas. Now, I realize that being a moderator is pretty much a thankless job and it takes your time and effort to perform it effectively....... but COME ON!

Have you actually read that thread and realized WHO started slagging? I did not disparage Oblaas until he attacked me without even responding to one thing I had posted. In fact, my original post was totally un-emotional and simply stated what I believed to be EK's intent wrt to DEC's.

Then out of the blue, Oblaas decided to disparage me and take shots that in a normal environment would require me to defend myself or take the offensive.

I cannot believe that you have taken action against ME, except if you have personally taken offense to my previous posts. If so, you should reflect upon your decision and apologize. How is it that suddenly the moderator has become the most discredited poster on this site? Was it my comment about Brit financial advisors in Dubai?

I have had a few posters take shots at me and they were quite serious and vile shots but never did I take it personally. They are simply idiots who cannot find it within themselves to offer up a sound argument. I have on occasion admitted my lapses when posting (using after having a couple of pints I admit) but agreeably that should never excuse someone from making absurd and unsubstantiated remarks.

So Oblaas comes out and makes some seriously bad comments regarding ME, without writing one sentence to back up his assertions.......... then you decide to ban me from responding. Take a look at the timeline of events. Oblaas started things, I responded, you warned us, then Oblaas responded, then I responded.

Please explain your line of thinking because it seems necessary now. Otherwise, all posters should start to consider factors such as free speach and anonymity.

To be honest, I find your response to the debacle regarding DEC's, quite absurd. There must be some other explanation and if you don't mind, please explain.

It seems that perhaps this site is not so 'secret' as most of us at EK require.

Damn it all, disagree with my opinions if you wish but at least offer up a sound argument. I promise to reconsider my POV's but not when morons like Oblaas just start ranting. If ANYONE thinks that ''I think I am always correct''' then please reconsider. Posts regarding life at EK or whatever, are meant to INFORM pilots, not to decide if you like or dislike a particular poster.

I give up. Feel free to ban me totally EGGW. Take me off this site, ban me, forbid me to post further and you know what? This site will sink to a new low. Not that I am so brilliant but rather that you have decided to succumb to whatever pressure you are under, and ban anyone who speaks the truth.

White Knight
28th Aug 2010, 13:14
They are simply idiots who cannot find it within themselves to offer up a sound argument.

You are so far up your own backside that you just can't see it can you??????

mensaboy
28th Aug 2010, 13:53
Wow, so glad to see you back WK.

You have strengthened my resolve pal because you have clearly indicated in almost even one of your posts, that you are not too bright. I am pleased to have individuals like YOU, against me. Makes me feel smart, thanks.

Would you mind taking a few minutes to respond to my posts in an intelligent manner? I promise to consider your POV.

Honestly, this is becoming like a Tea Party BBQ! Jump on the band-wagon, make absurd remarks and never make the effort to properly THINK things thru.

Whight Knight, OJGuilty, Obaaspoops and a couple others are the dregs of our profession. They are the ones dragging this profession down, just as much as our management types.

It is bizarre that these individuals..... who have had the opportunity to meet and deal with almost every nationality and culture of the world, are so dense. It is fascinating to me.

Oblaaspop
28th Aug 2010, 13:57
Mensa, even though I cannot see your posts, I can only assume that true to form you are making a complete tw@t of yourself?

Perhaps others can confirm this please as I do not wish to take him off my ignore list!

You just don't know when you've lost do you?

Quit while you are behind little buddy!:ugh:

mensaboy
28th Aug 2010, 14:09
Oh this is hilarious.

Now Oblaas is contending that he cannot read my posts, yet regardless, he asserts that I am wrong even though he cannot read what I posted. To what depths will certain people sink.

Once again, if you disagree with my previous post regarding DEC's then take the time to respond accordingly!

Arguing with idiots is futile I agree, but doesn't someone have to stand-up, even at the risk of offending others, to point out when idiots are trying manipulate a thread? Hate me, like me, tolerate me........ all is fair in my books. But don't write things that are not truthful.

For example, I don't always agree with 411A but I respect him. He does not lie, does not make up crap and perhaps he is like me and does not bother with the niceities. I respect him for the fact he writes what he believes even though I disagree with many of his viewpoints. That is the basis for logical and sound arguments and reaching a decision. In fact, he has made me reconsider some of my views.

This is the difference from men like Oblaas, OJGuilty and White Knight. They are incapable of countering a different opinion and they slink into taking shots at people. Honestly, they are the epitome of why this profession is suffering so much.