PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar Staff to receive a $2000 bonus

QFBUSBOY
28th Aug 2010, 08:03
I heard a rumour this morning that all Jetstar employees are going to receive a $2000 cash bonus in addition to the $250 Staff Travel bonus.

Any truth in that ?

Gnadenburg
28th Aug 2010, 08:10
That's not much. And very egalitarian too. So everyone gets the same bonus? Office girl, F/A, F/O, baggage guy, Capt and CEO?

Mr. Hat
28th Aug 2010, 08:15
whilst shafting them on everything else..

MyerFlyer
28th Aug 2010, 08:58
Any sort of bonus is usually paid company wide, QF and JQ.

I doubt the board would allow a cash bonus to be paid just to one part of the company.

Maybe the whole QF group will get a $2000 cash payment as well as the staff travel discount??

I will believe it when I see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrdeux
28th Aug 2010, 09:06
As they aren't paying a dividend, I'd very much doubt it. Good rumor though, but perhaps next time you should aim higher.

Going Boeing
28th Aug 2010, 09:07
The shareholders would love to hear that QF Group staff get a $2000 bonus while they get paid zip (again). Tell 'em they're dreamin'.

Short_Circuit
28th Aug 2010, 09:08
Maybe the whole QF group will get a $2000 cash payment as well as the staff travel discount??

In your dreams!

Whiskery
28th Aug 2010, 11:28
Meeting on the 23rd starting to pay dividends already.

dodgybrothers
28th Aug 2010, 12:35
heard from sly of the underworld that there is a large pineapple coming to the syd based 330 guys. Word is, go on 18 month transfers or be bumped back to NB. Hows that for a bonus......

engine out
28th Aug 2010, 23:08
Definately no bonus for mainline. That was stated in the letter telling us we would get the staff travel cash.

Mr. Hat
28th Aug 2010, 23:40
..a little sweetener to throw a bit of cold water on the staff anger...

rmcdonal
29th Aug 2010, 03:19
..a little sweetener to throw a bit of cold water on the staff anger... If they pay out to Jetstar and not the rest of the QANTAS Group then I would say it would be like throwing petrol on a fire.

stubby jumbo
29th Aug 2010, 03:54
one could argue -that this $2000 which is being talked about.....has come from the sweat of QF mainline....."doing more with less" AND lets not forget Dixon in 2001....."JQ will never cannibalise mainline routes":{

This will cause an internal war llike nothing else if this goes ahead. We are "supposed ":hmm: to be a GROUP company.

Yeah right !

Oxidant
29th Aug 2010, 04:11
I heard a rumour this morning

Think that says it all, folks...........

ROH111
29th Aug 2010, 04:33
"I heard a rumour this morning "

... is that before or after you smoked a bong?

Mr. Hat
29th Aug 2010, 05:02
..petrol on fire at QF but trying to distract the J* guys/gals. A desperate attempt to not have their OTP smashed and a fuel bill to wince about..

Keep trying.

Cactusjack
29th Aug 2010, 05:18
..petrol on fire at QF but trying to distract the J* guys/gals. A desperate attempt to not have their OTP smashed and a fuel bill to wince about..

Spot on Mr Hat. Boston Bruce doesnt want his OTP bonus and other performance bonuses pulled for the month of September,hence the rumour of his digging into the slush fund to pull out a bonus for staff to keep em happy.
I said this in my DJ days and I will say it again, if you want to hit these grubby management incompetents where it hurts, hit them in the wallet. Dont break the law, just target their perfromance packages by the following - dont extend duty times, dont work on your days off, dont flog yourself to turn the a/c around any faster than you have to, certainly dont go out of the way to save fuel burn, basically do absolutely nothing that is of assistance to them and just sit back and watch the gravy slip through their fingers. The only way these tools pull in their fat packages is by running a skin and bone operation and relying on the good will of good frontline staff to pull them out of the crap on a daily basis, and in return they bend you over and roger you ! I say enough is enough, make september a month to remember.

PPRuNeUser0198
29th Aug 2010, 08:25
This is a false rumour. The reason for the Staff Travel offer was to reward staff without providing a cash payment as has been done in the past. It would be inappropriate if staff received cash bonuses, yet shareholders (who pay our wages) did not get a dividend payment, for which they will not.

FRQ Charlie Bravo
29th Aug 2010, 08:41
Nope it's true. I just got my cheque in the post this evening. It's post-dated for the 32nd of August though. Damn,

FRQ CB

The The
29th Aug 2010, 10:27
I can also confirm that I have received email details on how to claim payment.

All I had to do was provide my bank account details to a Nigerian banker and he would arrange the transfer of funds on Monday.

ozangel
29th Aug 2010, 10:32
You guys are lucky - I got mine after following complex instructions to visit the ekka between 10am and 10:13am on a Tuesday, and claiming it in the form of discount vouchers to be found in every second Triple M showbag sold...

Worrals in the wilds
29th Aug 2010, 10:48
You know what's missing from this thread?
A badly spelt and grammatically suspect post from an 'I'm new here ;)' PPRuNe member with a name like TwinkleToes, telling everyone that Jetstar's roolly gr8 honest and it's not the casuals' fault and u'll all be obselleet soon anyway :}:}

Jetstar PR people, where are you??? You've missed one! No $2K for you...

WynSock
29th Aug 2010, 14:09
t-vasis yet shareholders (who pay our wages) did not get a dividend Thats funny, shareholders pay the wages. Sounds like a certain former CEO. In my opinion, the customers not Shareholders pay the wages.