PDA

View Full Version : Jet evac!!

drive73
28th Aug 2010, 05:41
Got to love the media, talking about escape slides overwing not deploying on a 737??? You would think just once these clowns would do some home work and really investigate the plane they are writing, talking about. If they think any overwing slides are going to deploy on a 737 they will be waiting for quite some time.. LOL

silent_scream
28th Aug 2010, 05:58
They also forgot to mention that most of the 30 injured were Pushed, Hurled and Stamped upon by the Hi Flying crowd sitting right around them.
Just like the way they do when it's time to Deplane after a domestic flight.

IndAir967
28th Aug 2010, 08:08
Did the commander get his Fire Warning ?? Why did he have to order an
EVAC ?? Did he visually check ?? Only the crew can explain the chain of
events that led to an evacuation.. IMHO while sitting comfortably on my
couch I dont think an evacuation was necessary lets see what has happened...

sunset_contrails_10
28th Aug 2010, 09:51
The evac would only NOT have been warranted if it was an expat commander. If an Indian commander, than yes all findings will be that evac was necessary.

jimmygill
28th Aug 2010, 12:53
The evac would only NOT have been warranted if it was an expat commander. If an Indian commander, than yes all findings will be that evac was necessary.

Its a jungle out there, the expat must learn some very local survival skills, or else his/her complaints are in vain, for he/she chose to be there on his/her own volition.

VIMANMAN
28th Aug 2010, 14:27
2 days ago a JetBlue A320 also had an EVAC in Sacramento....15 people were also hurt....
Commander/ FO/ Cabin Crew have NOT...I repeat NOT been suspended....

when you try to put 120+ people thru 4 exits in 90 seconds or less, you are bound to get some injuries....
(an EVAC in India is actually not much different than a normal deplaning....with everyone rushing to the door as if the plane is going to blow up if they dont get off NOW....so Im not seeing the big deal...except that this was done on the Rway and not at the Gate)

VIMANMAN
28th Aug 2010, 14:32
Indair wrote

Did the commander get his Fire Warning ?? Why did he have to order an
EVAC ?? Did he visually check ?? Only the crew can explain the chain of
events that led to an evacuation.. IMHO while sitting comfortably on my
couch I dont think an evacuation was necessary lets see what has happened...
Lets not play Monday Morning quarterback......

IndAir967
28th Aug 2010, 14:35
Lets not bring the expat issue into this..:=
Even if it was an ENG Fire was the appropriate exit openend and were
the pax evacuated on the appropriate side ?
Was the aircraft positioned correcly ?
Were the engines shut down before the evacuation was ordered ?

I am sure the commander had ordered an evacuation under the
"just in case" mind set keeping the AIX accident in mind !

IndAir967
28th Aug 2010, 14:38
Vimanman .. Unless and otherwise I have an MW + Fire Warning .. I ll not
order an evacuation that too on the runway !! :hmm:

VIMANMAN
28th Aug 2010, 15:14
Indair...

I'm not ?ing what you would do at all....

You are ?ing what THEY did....and thats what I am taking issue with.... to me thats a bit "Monday morning quarterbackish" dont you think....

making a decison from your couch is a lot easier than making a desicion from the cockpit when time is of the essence....

spedfast
28th Aug 2010, 16:32
Vimanman .. Unless and otherwise I have an MW + Fire Warning .. I ll not
order an evacuation that too on the runway !! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/yeees.gif
IndAir967, I would not like to be as rigid as you.
It is not etched in stone that you may order EMERG EVAC only with MW + Fire Warning. The two blokes at the sharp end are there to make such judgement calls.

If the flight attendant called you on the intercom to inform you that the she for sure saw flames on the port engine. Would you wait for the music to begin to order an evac?
Ever encountered loop faults?

And besides, this evac never happened on the runway itself, so you might want to change over from that India TV you been tuned into!
cheers!

sunset_contrails_10
28th Aug 2010, 19:13
Lets not bring the expat issue into this..:= ?????

It is the biased media that will bring the EXPAT into the equation. Yes, it doesn't matter who is in command but someone forgot to tell the media.

Just read the other day about an angry passenger making a scene about a five hour delay. The EXPAT commander asked the passenger to quiet down or leave the aircraft.

Media made it out to be the expat had no business telling a passenger to stop with the spoiled brat tantrum. The newspaper wrote that the expat was rude, needs to appoligize and should be removed from service.

Where i currently fly, that passenger would be arrested and thrown in prison for interfering with flight crewmembers duties.

In India AND you are an expat, you must appoligise and then you should be fired.

NGFellow
29th Aug 2010, 01:32
Reports now seem to indicate that additional traveling crew (ACM) in 35A/35B were responsible for this initiation of an evacuation by mistaking the rotating beacon for a fire indication. There was no fire indication in the cockpit.