PDA

View Full Version : need for speed

rakker
27th Aug 2010, 09:01
Our new EC-135 P2 + is doing 122 KIAS with 64 % of TQ. All the other 135's of our compagny (T2, T2+ and P2) do plusminus 132 KIAS. The machine is brand new. Should we go back to the factory for a recalibration or could something else be the cause? (btw we have the new IBF installed). Thanks for your input.

Earl of Rochester
27th Aug 2010, 09:26
Have you performed a power check and compared the figures against those published in the flight manual?

Have you checked the pitot tube for debris?

What speed are you recording on the GPS?

Earl

RVDT
27th Aug 2010, 10:03
Being a P2+ it will have ADC 1 and 2.

Cross check ADC's with ICP selector.

Check SW version on VEMD is correct for model. Select via VEMD Test switch - read numbers. Q range is different on scale?

Let us know.

rakker
27th Aug 2010, 14:18
Thanks for the input, I will fly coming Tuesday. I'll let you know the outcome.

ShyTorque
27th Aug 2010, 16:08
Fly the aircraft in close formation (someone qualified) and cross-check ASIs.

rakker
31st Aug 2010, 18:05
I have flown the helicopter today. ASI both sides showing 122 KIAS. GPS speed showing 122 GS no wind. Power check is ok. We do not have a glass cockpit so no ADC on our aircraft. called the maintenance compagny and they said it could be in the efficiency of the rotor system. A speed difference of up to 10 knots. Any ideas? Thanks

delta3
31st Aug 2010, 19:21
I would indeed suspect a "main rotor inefficiency"

Happens a lot with Robbies (both in plus and in minus), and + or - 10 kts is in a possible -be it maximal- range.

If no close formation possible, do the race track : go back and forward on a leg, the average of the GPS will give you the average TAS irrespective of wind.

Good luck.