PDA

View Full Version : Good job...

jed_thrust
27th Aug 2010, 03:51
Well done to all concerned with putting together the pay proposal.

It's about the most well presented, well thought out and critically balanced submission I have ever seen from the AOA.

Non-members should hang their heads in shame at the work their friends have put in on everyone's behalf.

Lord Flashard
27th Aug 2010, 04:30
Hear, hear......

Some How I'm Tired
27th Aug 2010, 04:40
Must say I agree with Mr Thrust.

I am concerned, however, that this is the starting point of the negotiations. I would much prefer this to be the end point. I understand that you can't go with ridiculously high expectations, but this seems to me to be a fair remuneration deal given the lack of any real pay rises over many years.

Please don't flex too much negotiators - what you are proposing is fair and just!!

ASH1111
27th Aug 2010, 05:01
..my thoughts are that AOA membership will rise at least 10-15 % upon successful negotiations completed by them in what will be perceived as the first success this organisation has achieved.

I am not endorsing that position, but I feel it will boost membership.

Go guys, GO!:ok:

Toe Knee Tiler
27th Aug 2010, 05:02
I agree. What a great presentation.

Shame on you non members. You don't deserve to benefit from this hard work.

Harbour Dweller
27th Aug 2010, 05:41
Well done to all to the guys who put this proposal together. A very well balanced presentation.

climbout
27th Aug 2010, 07:31
A verly balanced and well thought out presentation - it should be possible for the company as well to recognise this proposal as a reasonable offer to negotiate.

quadspeed
27th Aug 2010, 07:50
Are we capable of acting in our own best interest? Can we please move this to the HKAOA forums?

clear.right
27th Aug 2010, 08:36
I fully agree, good job guys!

boxjockey
27th Aug 2010, 09:49
Agree with quadspeed, further discussions should be on the AOA forums.

box

M89speedtouch
27th Aug 2010, 16:54
Well done to all concerned with putting together the pay proposal.
It's about the most well presented, well thought out and critically balanced submission I have ever seen from the AOA.Yes good proposal, great job but unfortunately because your "AOA" essentially comprises lots of members with no balls your proposal will prove to be a complete waste of time and effort.

As a "union" it's rather weird the AOA is not supporting the 49er legal action.

Would someone please explain?

Fenwicksgirl
28th Aug 2010, 03:59
M89. Generally you are correct.
The strength of a union is proportional to the willingness of its members to fight when needed and most importantly the number of crew who are non members.
So if you are either one of them, you ARE part of the problem.

As for 49ers, sensitive subject i know but put simply, for right or for wrong the AOA leadership at the time made a hard call, put a vote to membership who ratified that decision, to stop financially supporting the 49ers. Some of the 49ers accepted it as well by taking up CX's offer.
The fact that the vote got through means the leadership had a reasonably good understanding of what their members wanted. I know this is not what you want to hear but this is the simplest answer to your question. (No i was not one of the AOA leaders)

This proposal would stand a better chance if all the non members got behind it and put their differences asside for one minute. Become part of the solution rather than sit on the side line hoping for the AOA to fail just so you can say, "i told you so".
No excuses guys, if you want things to change, this is the time and this is the fight!!! Join up now!!!

Bob Hawke
28th Aug 2010, 06:27
Never a truer word said than what Fenwicksgirl says. Guys, bury the hatchet, get together for this one, and work as a team. Hey it would also most be one Dream!