PDA

View Full Version : KAM AIR Info Request

G3
26th Aug 2010, 16:58
I have done the PPRUNE search thing, so due diligence is completed. Can anyone shed current information on Kam AIR in Kabul? Conditions, Safety (Flight & Personal), Pay, Rotation plus anything else thought to be useful.

Your comments are most appreciated.

G3

bonernow
27th Aug 2010, 13:17
A friend of mine works for Safi Airways in Kabul and it's fair to say that they are the best of the civilian airlines operating in Afghanistan.

Having said that, in Feb this year the hotel the crew stay in got attacked by Taliban suicide bombers. Some crew members were very seriously injured, one almost losing his life.

Safi Airways is run by Germans. All the flight deck and a lot of the cabin crew are from North America and Europe, therefore the standard is allegedly of a reasonable level. However, most of Kam Air are not what you would describe as being FAA, JAA or even ICAO approved.

My friend did return and I haven't heard from him for a few weeks. But judging from what he's told me (No reason to doubt him), if you're going to venture to Afghanistan then don't go anywhere other than Safi. The other Airlines are pretty bad.

foff
27th Aug 2010, 15:43
That would be interesting to know why westerners go to risk their lives in such countries, well risk your life is nothing (except for their kids) in comparison to come back with a nice wheel chair and body in pieces