PDA

View Full Version : Did the plane move for you darling?

Cacophonix
25th Aug 2010, 22:56
Is in flight romance possible as SLF? Never tried or done the mile high thing but this is not surprising given the fact that I have a neon sign on my forehead that says nutters welcome and cattle class or first class I tend to sit next to them (and they next to me).

Any whiff of a double entendre and the cup is dashed from lips. Years ago en route from NY to London, a most charming young Swiss lady sat next to me and as I tried to hide my book entitled ‘Computational Algorithms’, or some such drivel, she noticed it and said “oh wonderful I am a mathematician, I love algorithms”. Aha not only beautiful but also brainy! I sat imagining the sharing of a bon mot, a bottle of wine and the dream of some recursive activity but alas it soon proved to be too true that she did indeed love computational algorithms, so much so that as we passed some waypoint in the middle of the Atlantic she was still blathering on about this subject, had declined my offer of wine and had told me that she despised meat eaters. Eventually I was forced to get rid of her by telling her that I needed to sleep and that she shouldn’t mind the fact that I dribbled as I would pay for her business suit to be cleaned. The steward was immediately called and she found a new berth allowing me to sleep the happy sleep of solitude. Swiss sense of humour 0 points, dribble 1.

What experiences have PPRuNers had of this kind of thing? Is there any space for high altitude nookey or is it all just so much vapour tale?

Xlye8avrnyQ

con-pilot
25th Aug 2010, 22:59
A gentleman never tells. :suspect:

Not that I am a gentleman, but............:uhoh:

G-CPTN
25th Aug 2010, 23:01
But you had a captive audience - that's cheating!

Sirikit
25th Aug 2010, 23:02
You don't need a neon sign on your forehead with a book like that.:E

ExSp33db1rd
25th Aug 2010, 23:13
Returning to the flight deck from the crew bunk, my in-flight-relief Captain explained that he had climbed to 37,000 ft to ensure that I was a member of the 6 -Mile High Club. My new wife was a passenger.

No comment.

parabellum
25th Aug 2010, 23:20
In the happy days of Laker it was a frequent event, in the toilets, on the Miami to Gatwick flights, often accompanied by the tell tell whiff of pot being smoked, similar on West Indies to Gatwick flights too.

25th Aug 2010, 23:34
30 years ago my hang gliding instructor, during a 'down the pub for a debrief after training' session claimed he had err... the benefit of a ladies oral attentions 1000' over Rhossili on a dual flight.

It was possible with the skeletal training harnesses used in those days.

Must get a dual rating...

sea oxen
26th Aug 2010, 00:20
There are twin seats right up the back in Y on BA 744s. It has been done. I think that it is overrated, although in the first flush of youth, it may have been more enjoyable.

If Heidi despised meat eaters, you should have asked her if she wanted her salad tossed*.

SO

* Readers of a delicate disposition who don't know what this means, don't look.

notmyC150v2
26th Aug 2010, 00:59
* Readers of a delicate disposition who don't know what this means, don't look.

Good advice. Very, very good advice...:eek:

Aircraft toilets are not the most pleasant places on earth, particularly in cattle class on long flights. I don't know how anyone could stay in "the mood" so to speak in such environs.

Incredibly, the one major airline to provide double beds bans any such behaviour. Sort of like putting meat in a bowl and smacking your dog for eating it.

parabellum
26th Aug 2010, 01:04
Re 'staying in the mood', here's a clue! pot being smoked

Sirikit
26th Aug 2010, 01:05
:O

I suggest men learn how to master the art on terra firma first before trying to do it up in the stratosphere.:E

One small step and all that....:}

Buster Hyman
26th Aug 2010, 04:42
Was sat next to a fine young lady on a flight I wasn't planning on catching (sub-load)...married her 3 years later...:ok:

Hobo
26th Aug 2010, 06:38
If one has....how shall I put this..... a 'NatWest' in the forward loo, can one become an associate member of the club?

Buster Hyman
26th Aug 2010, 07:12
If one has....how shall I put this..... a 'NatWest' in the forward loo, can one become an associate member of the club?
No, I think you need to be with someone else to verify the claim.

sea oxen
26th Aug 2010, 09:29
No, I think you need to be with someone else to verify the claim.

That is why there is a CC call button in there.

You're hardly likely to order a drink, are you?

There is always the galley: Rather dirty QF CC (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-436499/Exclusive-How-I-led-Ralph-Fiennes-astray-35-000ft.html)

SO

Duckbutt
26th Aug 2010, 09:43
Sort of like putting meat in a bowl

Is that some sort of euphemism?

Lon More
26th Aug 2010, 09:50
There is an ad at the bottom of the thread for a biz-jet operator, one of their captains is a frequent visitor to JB, Would it be cheating to charter them for a local flight with the partner of your choice? You might be able to persuade the pilot to do a few "vomit Comet" manoeuvres and so get some zero gravity time in :eek:

One small step and all that.... bent over the kitchen sink is a good place to start. Then the kitchen table, the living room armchair, the staircase, a quick burst under the shower before finally making it into the bedroom :E :ok: oh, yes and females should learn to swallow, not :yuk:

dubh12000
26th Aug 2010, 11:15
... the benefit of a ladies oral attentions 1000' over Rhossili on a dual flight.

So you're saying she just talked non-stop??

Storminnorm
26th Aug 2010, 11:28
Saw a bit on the telly the other day concerning a gay pair
that had just been "Civilly Partnered".
They got some herbert to take them aloft so that they could
join the "Mile High" club.
I bet the DV windows were open when they landed.

massman
26th Aug 2010, 11:38
Notice on the posh showers of certain A380's states that it is limited to 2 people at any one time !!!!

SMT Member
26th Aug 2010, 14:47
I've had the pleasure of an encounter with a rather attractive German lady I met onboard a SAA flight JNB-FRA. It's well worth the effort!

Noah Zark.
26th Aug 2010, 15:53
I cannot recall the exactlies, but a while ago on U.K. T.v. there was a prog of the Alan Whicker genre which showed an outfit in the U.S. (where else?) who ran a mile-high service with a small twin-engine a/c, fitted out with a double bed in the rear, and the demand was very high! ('scuse the pun!)

Fangio
26th Aug 2010, 16:42
I remember a stewardess reporting to me that one of the toilets had been occupied for a long time. She said that there had been no response to her knocking on the door. I suggested that she should open the door and check that the occupant was ok. She came back to the flight deck with a smile on her face, she said "It was a young man with a copy of playboy magazine and he was having a 'five knuckle shuffle' which I thought was a lovely description of his activity!

Shack37
26th Aug 2010, 16:55
Lon said

bent over the kitchen sink is a good place to start

Have you been checking out a certain poster's location?:eek:

Sirikit
26th Aug 2010, 19:01
Lon More said

bent over the kitchen sink is a good place to start. Then the kitchen table, the living room armchair, the staircase, a quick burst under the shower before finally making it into the bedroom http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif oh, yes and females should learn to swallow, not http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/pukey.gif

Oooooh, you are such a tease!:O:E;)...And...what should you males learn, hmmmm?:confused::}:E

Lonewolf_50
26th Aug 2010, 20:04
And...what should you males learn, hmmmm?http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gifhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/badteeth.gifhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif
How to make an air tight seal and go deaf at the same time. :cool:

(If you are not quite sure what I mean, first envision an O2 mask worn by the pilot of an F-4 Phantom ... )

As to the actual topic of the thread, have already shared the one of experience in that wise in a previous thread.

But I had a friend do a strange couplet some years ago ... back when the Iron Lady was the PM of the folk across the pond ... and the Bear was lurking ... Yankees and Deltas in the box ...

M was my lunatic squadron mate, R his girl friend (later his fiance and wife) who outdid his lunacy most times the challenge went up.

Part one of the couplet was the full motion sim, late one Friday night, when I was running it and he was one of two pilots scheduled for some instrument work for currency.

At the briefing, M showed up, R showed up (in a flight suit) but the actual Copilot did not. M assured me all was well, as his CP was getting very wet at the Officers' Club, and in no condition to aviate in a box, or anywhere else. (I later learned that M had provided a double sawbuck to jump start the brain cell genocide that evening).

M and R entered great moving box, and after we began with the usual plain vanilla GCA to NAS XXX, he requested 5280 feet on climbout.

My response was "Roger, cleared to five thousand two hundred eighty" at which point I reminded him that Altimeter was 30.02. He requested altimeter of 29.92. (You can see it coming, but at the time, it took me a few moments to catch on).

I reset the machine, and vectored him 220 for the next leg of the pattern.

Squawk came up 7600.

I called up with "What's with the 7600 squawk, you aren't on a flight plan") then he said "I'll be lost comms for a while, just practicing."

So, the two of them practiced. I finally clued up, and simply let it play out. Seemed to me a great way to get back at the Ops O for scheduling him on a Friday night. He bought quite a few rounds at the O Club when we were done.

Fast forward three months, on a Saturday morning. A few of us luckier than average folk (all bachelors, which was no surprise) were scheduled to fly (which meant no Friday night binge) an early AM radar exercise with a ship off the coast who needed air controller training.

M and I and a crewman head off, over the shallow and green seas. (M and crewman had been to sea together for a few long deployments in the Indian Ocean/Arabian Gulf zone. Let's say they were sea buddies ... )

Check on station. Ship vectors us about for just over an hour, and we check off station. M then takes us to a small civil field about 20 mins flying time from NAS XXX. We land, taxi from the runway, and stop, rotors turning. Crewman gets out, heads inside. Someone else comes out a bit later, dressed in crewman's helmet and floats, and her own flight suit ... yes, it was R. Straps in, off we go.

We head for the coast, southerly heading along the beach, VFR and severe clear, at which point M passes controls to me.

He then unstraps, climbs between the two front seats and arrives in back. I look back, see the big smile of R, unstrapping and undressing, helmet on. M hands me note: "Request climb to 5280 feet" and points forward. I take hint.

So I climbed to 5500. I kept the nose headed south for a bit, then turned north, and as fuel began to get thin, tossed my kneeboard back into the cabin with a note: "where for gas?"

M ends up in cockpit within a few minutes. Off to civil field, we pick up crewman, drop off R, get some gas after we shut down rotors. Then we turn them up again, and RTB.

M bought me a few beers, needless to say, in ensuing Friday nights at the club.

Ya can't do stuff like that anymore, but days like that were a hell of a lot of fun.

Sirikit
26th Aug 2010, 20:12
It just takes one Yank!:E:O

Shack37
26th Aug 2010, 23:58
...And...what should you males learn, hmmmm?http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gifhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/badteeth.gifhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif

Obviously, the best way(s) of satisfying a lady.

seanbean
27th Aug 2010, 01:48
WARNING: A high level of training and spatial awareness is essential before attempting this sort manoeuvre - ground training/sim is advised. Generally speaking, this should not be attempted until the ability to perform, standing one-legged in a hammock (both of you, and without spilling a drop) is mastered.

notmyC150v2
27th Aug 2010, 04:20
both of you, and without spilling a drop

With the greatest of respect, I think you are missing the point of the whole exercise :E:}:O

Bruce Wayne
27th Aug 2010, 09:42
I cannot recall the exactlies, but a while ago on U.K. T.v. there was a prog of the Alan Whicker genre which showed an outfit in the U.S. (where else?) who ran a mile-high service with a small twin-engine a/c, fitted out with a double bed in the rear, and the demand was very high! ('scuse the pun!)

Mile High Adventures, out of KSMO. Used to know the guy who started it (Nick).. if i recall it was an an aero-commander, climb out of SMO, to 6,000 ft over the Los Angeles basin and drop back into SMO.

he did quite well out of it.

some businesses work in the right time and place.

crippen
27th Aug 2010, 10:23
^ Erm! Erm! how long do you get???:O