PDA

View Full Version : Safest countries in Africa.

flying free.LEVC
25th Aug 2010, 15:22
Hi pilots, I´m a young student pilot from Spain (Europe) and I would like to go to Africa to find a flying job if the situation keeps like this here, with so many unemployed pilots ( I mean as a bush pilot).

I read than the most dangerous airlines are in Africa, in countries like Angola, Sudan or Benin.

I guess I would try my chance in Namibia, Botswana or Tanzania, i´ve been reading good things in this forum about this countries, in order to find a job.

Do you consider it is safe flying C 206, C 172 in these 3 countris?

Do you feel as safe as in Uk, Usa, Canada, Norway, Spain flying that planes...¿?

How is life there? Is it dangerous living there? I listened good things about Namibia, quite peaceful and beautiful country, what about the others?

Sorry for my ignorance about the big continent

Good flights :)

MungoP
25th Aug 2010, 20:47
There are safer and less safe countries from a pure domicile point of view and namibia, botswana, kenya, tanzania, ethiopia etc are normally considered to be more user friendly but you have to keep in mind that even in the worst places (discounting somalia... just stay out of it) the flying is more likely to represent the bigger danger... the weather and terrain makes for a steep learning curve.

Baron Von Mildred
31st Aug 2010, 11:53
Some of the worlds highest murder rates are found in Africa, not to mention high road traffic accident rates, poor healthcare, all the usual diseases, plus a few extra! The safety, of the flying will have a lot to do with the individual operator. Statisticly, you are probably more likely to die from the former than the latter unless you are a crap pilot.

White Knight
2nd Sep 2010, 06:44
Hola

Namibia, Botswana both safe. I prefer Namibia to Bots. Tanzania good too although I never flew 'bush' there... Go there quite a bit now and find it fine!

Flying in Africa is a really great way to learn the 'hands on' stuff. I would definitely encourage it (having done my early flying in that part of the world)

Good luck!!!!