PDA

View Full Version : Right Bundle Branch Block (RBBB)

brother rice
25th Aug 2010, 08:32
Anyone have this?? You manage to keep you Class1 medical? I hear FAA not to worried about it, but how about JAR??

beany
25th Aug 2010, 08:48
Hi,

RBBB can be present in normal healthy people, it can also represent right sided heart pathology.

I know one class 1 holder very well who is normal, fit and healthy but has RBBB on ECG. It was seen on renewal and he had stress testing and echocardiogram, which were normal.

I would suggest contacting the CAA medical lot at Gatwick and asking the question. Do you have a medical already or will you need an initial? Is this a new finding or have you been investigated re: underlying cause etc?

If you have a RBBB on ECG when you go for initial you'll most likely be asked to go for further testing, which if normal, as far as I know shouldn't be a barrier to a class 1.

Not definitive advice but hope that helps.

B

brother rice
26th Aug 2010, 00:42
Cheers beany...

shortleg
26th Aug 2010, 07:34
RBBB showed up on my Class One renewal just after I started my first flying job (in fact I received the letter from the CAA the night before I started line training). My medical wasn't pulled straight away and I continued with my training while I arranged the various tests.

It seems that they are most worried about RBBB being a symptom of something worse. In my case I had to have a stress ECG, 24 hour ECG and an echo-cardiogram. All of which showed that the rest of me was functioning normally. The whole process took a couple of months and I remained flying throughout. The only thing they did was to restrict my medical to "as or with a co-pilot" while I underwent the tests.

If I can help in any way - just ask.

ITFC1
27th Aug 2010, 10:48
I've had a RBBB for years, and is no real concern to the CAA or FAA.

I too in December last year had PVR operation and now have my JAA class One medical back. Got it back 5 months post op.

Dont worry in the slighest about a RBBB, as long as you in sinus rhythm, thats the main thing.

PM me if you need any advice, can give you my recent exdperince with it all.

SADDLER
11th Oct 2012, 10:25
Due to do a Japanese Class one medical soon with Right Bundle Branch Blockage. Will this be a problem?