PDA

View Full Version : CL600

Fuzzy Lager
24th Aug 2010, 07:48
I believe a company at Lanseria is looking for CL600 crew. Any idea who? Requirements? Money? Etc?

Springbok614
24th Aug 2010, 20:35
not gonna happen soon.

Fuzzy Lager
25th Aug 2010, 08:32
Thanks 614, sounds like you have the inside track , care to share?

KRONOS
25th Aug 2010, 10:02
Fuzzy or 614, where do I drop a CV? PM please

KRONOS

WhinerLiner
25th Aug 2010, 11:42
A CRJ is a bit above your fighting weight Kronos

KRONOS
26th Aug 2010, 12:56
So all talk and no real info?

K

WhinerLiner
26th Aug 2010, 14:41
Well, heard the rumour a few times, surely someone must know whats going on?

KRONOS
2nd Sep 2010, 20:03
Springbok 614, ye old pprune expert, here is some news for you

Seems that it is a CRJ 200 LR, delivery before the end of the year....

I gots me a interview....and they are looking for typerated PI / P1's

can you say yes captain, no captain, nice landing captain, i'll take the short fat one captain :}

K

nugpot
3rd Sep 2010, 05:32
The SAX JNB CRJ captains only fly about 400 hrs per year at SAX. I wonder how long it will take the operator to figure out that freelancers with their own sim recurrent is cheaper than full-time pilots.

Springbok614
3rd Sep 2010, 10:37
Captain Kronos, the thread topic is CL600 and not CRJ200LR... I will be very surprised if there are interviews already for the CL600... Clearly a different rumour all together!

WhinerLiner
3rd Sep 2010, 11:13
Um 614, a CRJ is a CL600 and the heading is also "Lanseria based CRJ"

Springbok614
3rd Sep 2010, 11:35
Sorry my bad... I am thinking of an old Challenger 600 corporate jet which was/is due to go into service at FALA some time. As far as I know it also has the CL-600 designator.

WhinerLiner
3rd Sep 2010, 13:24
Ok, well I guess it may well be a CL600 too as they are pretty much the same aeroplane.

transducer
3rd Sep 2010, 18:38
CRJ-200 is a CL600-2B19. The CRJ-200LR in exec format is also known as a Challenger 850 and an older version of the exec CRJ is the CRJ-100LR SE or Special Edition. Now that should confuse!!

Fuzzy Lager
17th Sep 2010, 02:43
Thanks 604. Who is the company/owner/ops director/CEO? Haven't seen a CRJ at Lanseria so I was beginning to wonder if there was any truth to this at all. Some more info would be great, please PM

Propellerpilot
17th Sep 2010, 10:07
Sounds like the company I spent 2 years of my life with... if this is the case, I can only echo challanger604's posting.

Ops management is a total failure, always at the expense of the crew and as long as the "clever" CEO refuses to deal with his "buddy" issue in the ops-department, this will remain the case and prevent this operation from growing to it's full potential - most profits have actually been generated by leasing the fleet to a third party operator in Afghanistan.

In my opinion, even with the CRJ option, long term it is just not worth the gripe - very sad, unless the operations department experiences a total makeover. For now, short term opportunity may be worth a shot if the plan actually materializes, just keep your expectations really low and you can postpone the inevitable dissappointment.

Propellerpilot
17th Sep 2010, 19:15
Challenger - sounds like you're kind of contradicting yourself here... quote:

What a joke.....
If you guys want all the info then just let me know! Worked with these ****ers a few years ago! Flew a van for these guys and apparently they have acquired a CRJ200LR. Firstly the owner of the company is a brilliant young intellectual but the chief pilot/ Ops Director is such a bone head and will cost the company eventually! I would advise you guys to steer clear from these guys as they will surely **** up this operation of the CRJ200. Heard the CEO bought himself a new Merc? Things must be booming for him. Or and hear he bought a hotel in Tanzania!

to quote:

For your info, these guys ain't a bad outfit at all. Pilots always complain about the Ops Director but he is such a cool guy if you do what is expected of you!!

I have absolutly no issue with them either and if you read between the lines, I wish them all of the best. Life goes on. Since you mentioned some information I felt like adding my 2 cents to the discussion but everybody that deals with them is entitled to make their own personal experiences and if your buddy is happy, that is great and that is the way it should be.

Following SOPs etc was never an issue at all, so I do not understand why you bring it up. And last but not least, it is not always what a company expects of you, but what you expect from your company.

The Wraith
18th Sep 2010, 07:32
Challenger604....Dude, you just made yourself look like a complete moron! Way to contradict yourself!!:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Captain Boeing
4th Oct 2010, 17:26
Guys,
Anyone have any more info on this one? Suddenly gone quiet!! A little birdie told me the company is non other than !"£ Air. Met one engineer who is due to go for CRJ training!!

4runner
6th Oct 2010, 17:25
Is this the same thing as what's being posted on climbto350 for Egypt? Haven't heard of anything going on in that neck of the woods. Think it's a charter gig, airline or VIP? Bueller...Buuuueeellllllerrrrr...

Captain Boeing
16th Oct 2010, 19:05
Are you sure about this! Am told the company is buying a Dash 8 instead of a Crj!!

The Nalikwanda
16th Oct 2010, 21:26
What is the name of the company? I want to send them my C.V!

Skyjudge
16th Oct 2010, 22:33
Dear Sir,

Can u Please give me details of this company and contacts, pm please .

Thank you