PDA

View Full Version : Nigeria Gets Category 1 Certification.

5N-OSA
23rd Aug 2010, 21:48
Looks like Nigeria has finally been handed the category one certificate. My hat's off to all those at the NCAA. Looks like some things can actually work in Nigeria if there is total commitment and transparency. I wonder how that affects Nigerian aviation from now on.? any thoughts .......

jeff spicoli
24th Aug 2010, 05:58
holding my breath for the accident...

Oyindo
24th Aug 2010, 06:08
holding my breath for the accident...

Jeff, i do hope you hold it a very long time and di€. Brilliant 1st post a$$h....

Very Good news, Congratulations NCAA

Oba1kanobe
24th Aug 2010, 16:23
The article that I read listed the price that Arik pays to have HiFly operate the two A340's... 2.8 million Euros. Wow. :eek:

DragRequired
25th Aug 2010, 00:33
Hi Fly Cabin Managers make more than a S.F.O. on the 737 at Arik....PURSER 3300 Pounds...S.F.O. 3093 Pounds at current exchange rates which can fluctuate. They are way overpaid especially for just joining a new airline...i.e. Hi Fly. The granting of CAT 1 to Nigeria had a lot to do with Arik Air as the airline operations was used for a lot of the grading by the F.A.A.
Does Anybody have any details on the Chanchangi Incident at Kaduna on Sunday.....a day after the Aero incident at JOS.:uhoh:

PS. Kudos to the NCAA and Nigeria for obtaining CAT 1 Status...Well Done !!!:ok:

ChiefT
25th Aug 2010, 08:43
Well, 2,8 Mio EUR on wet lease basis for 2 A340 is not too bad...

JABAG
25th Aug 2010, 16:37
Congratulations to the DG on obtaining CAT 1. this was definitely a his project. :D
The Chanchangi incident was the night before the Aero incident.

JABAG

verreaux eagle
25th Aug 2010, 17:11
I am just wondering how this Cat 1 was obtained?:suspect:

Circle
25th Aug 2010, 17:45
Many Congtratulations to all those involved in achieving, this status.
It is Hoped that Nigerian Aviation will build on this...........and Nigerian Airlines well adhere to the standards.
As for the likes of HiFly and other ACMI providers, the Gravey train is over.
All one can say, to them thanks for the services provided:ok:.

westafricanair
25th Aug 2010, 17:57
Will Arik now try to put HiFly out of business by not paying when they are no longer business critical, just as they did with Denim Air?

I can see it now, Arik not paying HiFly for Wet lease, HiFly not paying Arik for dry lease, HSBC seizing a/c as mortgage on a/c not paid.

How long will it take before FG has to bail out AJ?

Oba1kanobe
26th Aug 2010, 00:05
Well, 2,8 Mio EUR on wet lease basis for 2 A340 is not too bad...

Except it's not a wet lease. Still sound like a good deal?