PDA

View Full Version : Whoops! Oh dear!

radeng
23rd Aug 2010, 09:59
Last time I came back from the US, I scrounged two small cans of malvern water to drink on the way home from the airport, and only drank one. Haven't worn my raincoat since (didn't go out when it was raining) and so forgot all about the can that was still in my pocket.

Got into the lounge at T5 having got through security. Wondered what the clunk was when I put my coat down and lo and behold, there was a 150mL can of Malvern water. Says a lot for T5 security that they didn't find that!

Capetonian
23rd Aug 2010, 10:03
I lost a medium sized Swiss Army Knife. After months of travelling roughly two flights a week, long and short haul, world wide, I was stopped at ZRH security who wanted to examine my leather carry on bag. After a bit of ferreting around they found the knife which had worked its way through from one of the pockets into the lining.

Doesn't say a lot for security elsewhere and it wasn't the first time I'd been through ZRH either.

teeteringhead
23rd Aug 2010, 11:18
But it's all spin anyway ......

...... if you can cut an airline steak with a plastic knife, then you can cut (or threaten to cut) a throat I guess - so who needs a Swiss Army knife? :ugh:

Lukeafb1
23rd Aug 2010, 11:45
Although it was before 9/11, when I was in television production, I once went through T3 on the way to the States, with a replica Luger and Webley revolver in my hand baggage (both could fire blanks). Walked straight through!!:hmm:

ExSp33db1rd
23rd Aug 2010, 21:36
I've just had my thread about passing through security at a 'certain' airport in a 'certain' country closed, 'cos I was accused of bias, my opening comment was has the World gone truly mad, not just one Country. Closing my thread just proves my point !!

Ref: this thread - at the same time at the same airport, my wife forgot that she had decanted the remains of a bottle of red wine into a small screw top bottle, to drink with the remains of the 'fridge snacks, to eat whilst awaiting the balance of the 3 hours we were commanded to attend the airport prior to departure, and it went through all the security checks without comment.

We enjoyed it.

Davaar
23rd Aug 2010, 22:12
When I left the RN I took with me my first aid kit, aircrew, and it accompanied me for years thereafter: many times transatlantic, US, Canada, UK, Bermuda, Germany, France, Sweden, Norway, Denmark.

Eventually I decided it must be useless by now so I opened it prior to disposition of contents. Yup! There were the morphine and needle, neat and safe.

tony draper
23rd Aug 2010, 22:36
That's buggah all, I know of at least one Pruner who used to board a aircraft carrying a nuclear weapon on a regular basis.:rolleyes:

TimmoWhakatane
24th Aug 2010, 04:10
That's buggah all, I know of at least one Pruner who used to board a aircraft carrying a nuclear weapon on a regular basis.

Most pilots would try to claim that that weapon was inside their pants :}

JEM60
24th Aug 2010, 07:34
If security spent 15 minutes going through everyone and everything, then nothing would get through, including passengers to catch their aircraft!!.

ExSp33db1rd
24th Aug 2010, 08:16
That's buggah all, I know of at least one Pruner who used to board a aircraft carrying a nuclear weapon on a regular basis

Absolutely essential, there's no known incidence of there ever having been TWO bombs on board an aircraft, so if you carry your own you've got to be safe.

RJM
24th Aug 2010, 08:23
Of course! How logical. I'm going to knock one up straight away.

Pontius Navigator
24th Aug 2010, 08:36
But it's all spin anyway ......

...... if you can cut an airline steak with a plastic knife, then you can cut (or threaten to cut) a throat I guess - so who needs a Swiss Army knife? :ugh:

Or have a meal airside and pocket a real knife.

But a friend of mine has no need of a knife. No real need of anything really although he cout use a credit card to cut your throat.

Imagine the chaos after the first instance of throat cutting with a credit card in flight.

I suppose you could also garotte someone with their headset cord.