PDA

View Full Version : JetBlue - surpringly poor culture for a new airline ...

Passagiata
23rd Aug 2010, 08:05
I flew west to east coast US on JetBlue recently, sitting in the front row, and have to report that the cabin crew culture was, well, frightening. Cabin crew (two young women and one youngish man) pilot and co-pilot (on their toilet breaks) were variously bitching right in front of me about pay, conditions, management ... it did not make for a confident passenger. I don't mind putting up with cramped conditions and poor food on short to medium haul flights - but really, the crew should keep such venting to off the plane. This was on top of procedural mishaps such as crew leaving one of the stainless steel food containers unlatched and banging around, including during landing.

Left Coaster
23rd Aug 2010, 14:44
Two words for you...LOW COST...:p

TSR2
23rd Aug 2010, 20:04
Low Cost or no Low Cost, there is no excuse for anything less than 100% performance no matter what the job. That is what people get paid for.

PAXboy
23rd Aug 2010, 20:58
TSR2 I agree that LC has nothing to do with it but, it all depends upon:-

Policy of owner/s
How much money they give the HR and line mgmt department
How they recruit
Where they recruit
How they train
How they monitor their staff.

Avman
26th Aug 2010, 15:40
It's unprofessional to discuss such issues in front of the customers, period. It is not however an LCC thing; I've experienced it on legacy carriers including British Airways.