PDA

View Full Version : Just mind blowing.

Loose rivets
23rd Aug 2010, 05:42
I can understand how it messes with the mind, but not how they can do it in the first place.

Amazing 3D Sidewalk Art Photos | Impact Lab (http://www.impactlab.net/2006/03/09/amazing-3d-sidewalk-art-photos/)

Gentleman Jim
23rd Aug 2010, 05:56
Ooooooh.! How stunning are some of those piccies. I have some very large wall spaces inside my new house I want them to come and do. Anyone got their mobile number? :)

tony draper
23rd Aug 2010, 08:35
They are indeed brilliant but oft wondered if the perspective and 3d illusion only works if you stand in one particular spot or the photo is taken from one particular spot,and how the hell did he figure out how to do em in the first place.:)

sitigeltfel
23rd Aug 2010, 09:14
wondered if the perspective and 3d illusion only works if you stand in one particular spot Yes. If you look at the image down the page titled "The image below has been taken from a wrong angle" you will see the distortion. In the background you can see the optical device, normally a camera, the artist uses to set the perspective points for the piece.

tony draper
23rd Aug 2010, 10:00
Thanks Mr S didn't notice that one.
Begs the question does he do a little bit then have to go to the magic spot look at what he has done then go back and do a bit more,he's a very clever chap,not summat we can often say about modern day artists most of whom seem to be tossers of the first water.
:)

Storminnorm
23rd Aug 2010, 10:14
The technique is not new.
It's a Ffrench technique known as Trompe-l'oie. Trick of the eye.
Very devious yer Ffrench.

It's very GOOD though, even if it IS Ffrench originally.

sitigeltfel
23rd Aug 2010, 11:06
Just one of a number of videos showing how it is done

3SNYtd0Ayt0&feature=related

Loose rivets
23rd Aug 2010, 16:09
Thanks sitigeltfel Loved the Vivaldi as well.

Gainesy
23rd Aug 2010, 16:20
Royal Jordanian Air Force.:)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/Gainesy/JordanHerc.jpg

Loose rivets
23rd Aug 2010, 17:55
Bl00dy 'ell, I bet that's tail heavy!