PDA

View Full Version : pot belly and airline medical standards

alphapilot
22nd Aug 2010, 06:32
Hi all,

I need to know if havin pot belly means any problems in the medical standrds of airlines in India.

I hav tried every trick, bt the flab is nt going, so I have given up tryin to shed or burn the fat.

pls advise if this wud be any problems in future.

any help ... :{

THRidle
22nd Aug 2010, 06:39
Back to school to study spelling might shed a few pounds:=

vserian
22nd Aug 2010, 07:48
I dont think it will be a problem. I ve seen a lot of pilots (mostly overpaid captains) with some big pots inside their shirts.

Pat_Boone
22nd Aug 2010, 10:20
I don't think it will be a problem. I 've seen a lot of pilots (mostly overpaid captains) with some big pots inside their shirts.

But they get the Pot Belly after the job, not before the job. If you have a pot belly to begin with, just forget aviation, pot is way much fun and much cheaper too to get high.

retflyboy
23rd Aug 2010, 01:55
will have Body Mass Index (BMI) standards which is a formula of height and weight tho I don't remember the formula.

Pulkdahulk
23rd Aug 2010, 04:11
Okay, I just cleared my Indian First Class Medical and my BMI was 29.9 or a 100 Kgs or 220 Lbs. My Height is 6"0'

I do have some belly but I got my first class medical at Indian Air Force, CME Subroto Park 2 weeks back. No Problems at all.

This being that my stamina is really good on exercises such as I could run 3 miles at 6.5mph per hour non stop and still walk probably 3-4 miles after that or swim for 30 minutes or whatever..

Yes, I was about 124 kgs but that was a while ago.

Point of the story is: If your Cholestrol, lipid, whatever checks they do is within range, you will get your medical and I did not get any restrictions on my medical.

Hope this helps

Cheers