PDA

View Full Version : Suits made in HK

FairlieFlyer
22nd Aug 2010, 03:33
Update on this topic where I gave positive feedback on Taipan Row for travellers to HK

Went into Taipan Row IFC and found the prices have doubled/tripled, the experienced staff gone to other firms and now seems to be run by a bunch of tossers with shiny brylcream hair

I also note their global travel schedule is a regular happening and lots of shiny shops all over HK = no longer good value, pity... and the fitting service is amateur to say the least = bad quality

Have just had a suit made in Pacific Place which surprisingly was a third of the price (3500) , good quality cloth & fits better than the last hopeless effort from Taipan Row

Neptunus Rex
22nd Aug 2010, 07:32
For quality, fit and price, "Crazy Horse" tailor is hard to beat. His shop is next to "The Wanch" pub in Wanchai.

onprofile
22nd Aug 2010, 22:41
I hear Snake Skin Suits are all the rage on the 3rd floor. Try any back alley tailor in Mongkok.

Basil
22nd Aug 2010, 23:26
How's WW Chan these days?

sinkingship
23rd Aug 2010, 13:26
What was the tailor in Pacific place? Cheers.

HKPAX
24th Aug 2010, 01:58
I use British Textile Co on 2nd floor of The Galleria 9 Queen's Road in Central. You will assuredly find cheaper places but the quality of their material and their work is excellent.

2 "Zegna" quality shirts which fit perfectly $1,500 each, but in Zegna you'd expect to cough up about $2,500. (The doctor said I's impotent so I's going to look impotent).
Short sleeve plain white shirts in best cotton I think about $400 / 500 if buying in sets of 4: hard to get inferior stuff in scratchy cotton that doesn't quite fit from M&S for that.