PDA

View Full Version : Skill Test with restriction

heli-d
21st Aug 2010, 17:44
hey;
one of our pilot get a skill test with restriction in the remark field ( fly as a co-pilot 30 hours ) legaly what we gonna treat him and after those hours shall he do a ride check or not. any advice will be appreciated.

windowseatplease
21st Aug 2010, 18:01
Oh my word.

What country?

What licencing authority?

What kind of operation?

heli-d
21st Aug 2010, 19:29
windowseatplease
It is a single pilot (H) Type rating / Training skill test
Ref : JAR FCL 2.240 /IEM
FCL 2.240 (B) (2)

heli-d
23rd Aug 2010, 16:37
Skill test with remark.
Anyone could help in solving this problem will be appreciated.

VeeAny
23rd Aug 2010, 17:07
Heli-d it would help if you answered windowseat's earlier questions.

As an examiner in the UK I don't think I have the authority to endorse someones skill test form that way, its either pass, partial pass or fail. I cannot take it upon myself to seemingly fail someone and give judgement as to when they will be competent.

I guess someone at a National Authority might be able to do this, but even then if they subscribe to the JARs (at the moment) how can they say this ?

Perhaps there is an obscure bit of the requirements or national legislation that allows this, let us know if you find out any more.

heli-d
23rd Aug 2010, 21:39
Well. Thanks for your replay VeeAny.
The pilot holding a national license and performed a helicopter type rating in JAA member in a manufacture FTO which uses the JAR FCL 2.240 and release him with the remark mentioned above which is make it defficult for us to understand on any regulations based this remark.

212man
24th Aug 2010, 03:11
Sounds like the manufacturer doesn't know the rules, but then what has the regulator done with the rating application processing?

JAR FCL does not recognise Command and Co-Pilot ratings, unlike some other organisations (and the UK did previously) and even if it did, they would only be relevant, from an FCL perspective, in an MPH type. The LST and LPC are simple pass or fail items and the decision as to what role the pilot actually operates in is recorded in the OPC and Line Check - by the operator.

JOURNIOO4
24th Aug 2010, 15:52
heli-d

We had the same note in the skill test (pass with restriction in remark field) our CAA suspends the license and replace it with a validation until the pilot terminate the flying hours.:confused: